E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 06:54 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

think about what wheel to get and you will get to the finish line at no time. have a great run man.

Originally Posted by momowing
thanks bro wnshie!!! yeah!!
but the preparation is not enough this time. hope can complete
Old 02-22-2010, 06:56 AM
Contributors

think computer module not included. also the routing of wire from console to all four wheels will cost a pretty sum I think.

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Around 15k only???
Old 02-22-2010, 06:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by etchu
lowered more and ride will be harder (assume no fender rubbing is necessary), it's just physic
agreed... i want to maintain the same ride height as i currently have. no need to go lower............ yet.

ha ha!

i think i will need to consult my sponsors... Mr. HSBC or Mr. Citibank and then decide what to do...
Old 02-22-2010, 07:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

I used to live in sai kung! well, i am guessing thats what you wrote because i cant read chinese!! ha ha!

I find right now my setup is too stiff and bounces when going round corners on uneven surfaces - it feels like its going to hop all over the place! i was thinking about getting same set up as Keith with the Eibach and Koni fsd, but i cannot lower the car enough with that set up.... Coilovers may be the only solution! How much did you pay for your PSS9?

Just checked Sachs homepage and they dont have coilovers for E60?
Sachs have perform shock and OEM for BMW.
Eibach have two series; Pro-kit and Sportline. You can try Eibach Sportline + Koni FSD.

Pro-kit - Avg Low 1.2"F 1.2"R
Sportline - Avg Low 2"F 2"R
Old 02-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ricky1329
Sachs have perform shock and OEM for BMW.
Eibach have two series; Pro-kit and Sportline. You can try Eibach Sportline + Koni FSD.

Pro-kit - Avg Low 1.2"F 1.2"R
Sportline - Avg Low 2"F 2"R
Ricky - Thanks! This will be a much cheaper solution, right? I just got a quote for KW coilovers and they are similar price to Bilstein PSS10 without the remote height adjuster. I am very tempted to place an order!!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by pinguhk
I have phoned some guys up and most say have the ND next week on Friday so next 5th friday it will be at the same place same time
sorry guys the meetup have to be delayed till the the guy from US comes over which I will know the date some time today at work
Old 02-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
sorry guys the meetup have to be delayed till the the guy from US comes over which I will know the date some time today at work
Aiya! Well let's see what date he is coming and then decide. Can have more than 1 drive a month, no? Or is that not allowed? ha ha!

Ah well... let's just wait and see!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

Originally Posted by MikeHk
from my experience, NT roads are better than Kowloon's, and Kowloon's are better than HKI. Try go to ?? and you will know what I mean...

good thing about coilover is, you adjust it to fit your driving style but it would take some time to make all the adjustments...

my 335 with PSS9 for instance, it was good for fast or high speed corners on good surface, but sucks on TMS as it was just too stiff and the car would become very unforgiving when the road becomes a little bumpy...

but on the other hand, I love the ride height where all 4 wheels looked like they are "IN" the fenders and with some -ve camber ...

Cheers,
Mike
Watch out for excessive tire wear near the inner tire wall if you have such setup. Especially for spirited driving.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
Watch out for excessive tire wear near the inner tire wall if you have such setup. Especially for spirited driving.

Ha! I have paid the consequences and have had extreme excessive tire wear near the innter tyre wall. Just replaced tyres and have done wheel alignment.

Just spoke to some people and they are of the opinion that the reason for my harsh ride is because I am running on H&R. If i just replace my springs to Eibach, then it shouldnt be as harsh! May try that first... before splashing out on coilovers etc... if that solves the problem then i have spare $$$ for new rims
Old 02-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Ha! I have paid the consequences and have had extreme excessive tire wear near the innter tyre wall. Just replaced tyres and have done wheel alignment.

Just spoke to some people and they are of the opinion that the reason for my harsh ride is because I am running on H&R. If i just replace my springs to Eibach, then it shouldnt be as harsh! May try that first... before splashing out on coilovers etc... if that solves the problem then i have spare $$$ for new rims
Better ask AK for your question

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum