E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 02:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from my experience, NT roads are better than Kowloon's, and Kowloon's are better than HKI. Try go to ?? and you will know what I mean...

good thing about coilover is, you adjust it to fit your driving style but it would take some time to make all the adjustments...

my 335 with PSS9 for instance, it was good for fast or high speed corners on good surface, but sucks on TMS as it was just too stiff and the car would become very unforgiving when the road becomes a little bumpy...

but on the other hand, I love the ride height where all 4 wheels looked like they are "IN" the fenders and with some -ve camber ...

Cheers,
Mike

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Mike - thanks for that! Usually drive on Kowloon side, but are the roads on Kln / HKI that much different?? If i know of people who have it installed then for sure i would like to get their feedback. dont wanna fork out a load of the coilovers and find they are too stiff or not as good as i hoped!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MikeHk
from my experience, NT roads are better than Kowloon's, and Kowloon's are better than HKI. Try go to ?? and you will know what I mean...

good thing about coilover is, you adjust it to fit your driving style but it would take some time to make all the adjustments...

my 335 with PSS9 for instance, it was good for fast or high speed corners on good surface, but sucks on TMS as it was just too stiff and the car would become very unforgiving when the road becomes a little bumpy...

but on the other hand, I love the ride height where all 4 wheels looked like they are "IN" the fenders and with some -ve camber ...

Cheers,
Mike
I used to live in sai kung! well, i am guessing thats what you wrote because i cant read chinese!! ha ha!

I find right now my setup is too stiff and bounces when going round corners on uneven surfaces - it feels like its going to hop all over the place! i was thinking about getting same set up as Keith with the Eibach and Koni fsd, but i cannot lower the car enough with that set up.... Coilovers may be the only solution! How much did you pay for your PSS9?

Just checked Sachs homepage and they dont have coilovers for E60?
Old 02-22-2010, 02:30 AM
Members

I meant western district, kennedy town...

go for coilovers and leave yourself more flexiblity in the future...looks like you have front spoiler install and you might have problem if the car goes too low...

The PSS9 came with the car when I bought it, it should be in the 15k range but I am not certain...

Cheers,
Mike

I used to live in sai kung! well, i am guessing thats what you wrote because i cant read chinese!! ha ha!

I find right now my setup is too stiff and bounces when going round corners on uneven surfaces - it feels like its going to hop all over the place! i was thinking about getting same set up as Keith with the Eibach and Koni fsd, but i cannot lower the car enough with that set up.... Coilovers may be the only solution! How much did you pay for your PSS9?

Old 02-22-2010, 02:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MikeHk
I meant western district, kennedy town...

go for coilovers and leave yourself more flexiblity in the future...looks like you have front spoiler install and you might have problem if the car goes too low...

The PSS9 came with the car when I bought it, it should be in the 15k range but I am not certain...

Cheers,
Mike
Yeah seriously considering coilovers now... i dont want it much lower than what i have it at now, but with Koni + Eibach, i know i cant lower it to the same level. The ride quality is great and is soft enough when driving normally but still remains very sporty and can handle tight corners etc...
Old 02-22-2010, 03:19 AM
Contributors

may be H&R with fsd fits you better if you want it lowered more.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by etchu
may be H&R with fsd fits you better if you want it lowered more.
Yes - i am just afraid that H&R springs are too hard ( a lot of ppl say that) and then it would be a waste if i order the FSD and cant lower it enough!

decisions decisions...
Old 02-22-2010, 03:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

D Derek had the H&R coilover, that had a nice ride!

if i were you i'd go for the electronic Bilstein coilover, flick a switch and it will lower.......
i think about 25-30k, ask AK

Yes - i am just afraid that H&R springs are too hard ( a lot of ppl say that) and then it would be a waste if i order the FSD and cant lower it enough!

decisions decisions...
Old 02-22-2010, 05:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by billhk
KW are very good, race tested
have u checked the Bilstein PSS10 electronic ride control?

you have potential to take E60 modding to another level......
a domed Vorsteiner hood is what u need!!!!
yeah Vorsteiner wheels and the Vorsteiner hood.
The perfect match
Old 02-22-2010, 05:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Bill - GO BIG or go home is my motto!

Cant do thing half arsed...!!!

I will get a quote on the KW's and also check out the Bilsteins... I am sure they will be pretty damn pricey though!!!!
Bilstein PSS10 will be much better you can computer control them
I think the price is about 15k
Old 02-22-2010, 05:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: e60 525i 2005 with: H&R sway bar, K&N air filter, sprint booster I, split-fire coil, Ferodo Brake pads, M-tech kit, black shadowline (thanks Ricky) Pending : 19' Advan Racing RS with Re-0011 tyre + Koni-FSD with Eibach Sport spring Looking for ?exhaust ? Denson 500 for ipod

Originally Posted by pinguhk
Guys SND
Meetup at 8.30pm out side HK Trade and exhibition center.
1. pinguhk
2. mark_hk
haha, captain, can it change to Friday night? i have marathron race on sunday and i have to sleep early on sat. night

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum