E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by pinguhk
keith 1000 time thanks for the invite of the OLE spanish restaurant
I has to be 1 of the best spanish restaurant in HK
there were no local HKer in the restaurant, most are not from HK, alot of kow low
The food is very good and the price is very good for what it is.
I will post the photos later
Glad you love it mate
Hope you had a good time
Possibly the best authetic Spanish food in HK
Old 02-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Keith son has some very bad news for all our engines he will say what it is in detail.
so save up to fix the engine if you car has it.
If you start up the engine and hear some ticking sounds somewhere inside the engine bay,
you got to becareful and need to get this problem sort out asap, if you ignore the sound, if could end up blowing up the engine and need to replace one third of the engine parts.

I will try to get you guys more info on this later
Old 02-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
If you start up the engine and hear some ticking sounds somewhere inside the engine bay,
you got to becareful and need to get this problem sort out asap, if you ignore the sound, if could end up blowing up the engine and need to replace one third of the engine parts.

I will try to get you guys more info on this later
Mine had this ticking sound and it did not go away with warm engine. They replaced my hydraulic valve lifter with an improved design and now the ticking is gone. There's a SIB out for this ticking valve problem. They covered mine under CPO warranty otherwise it would have been a USD 2500 expense.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Senior Members

I test drove the previa again 2nd time. it actually drives better than a q7, believe it or not. interestingly, I was pushed by a previa yesterday, this is the 2nd time in the past couple of months. might be I should go for a previa and go push the bimmers off the highway

Originally Posted by billhk
Capt talking is wearing a bulletproof vest, he survived the torture, he must be wearing leather pants!!!
now KC, what about you? you tested all those cars, and now lets see some action, or you will be our "Sergeant Talking" left, right,left right........

just joking!
Old 02-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
I drive like a granny most of the time with passengers on board. DD is for fun when I am alone and clear twisty roads ahead
I drive rather aggressively/dangerously when I was young, we all have walked through that door, wild time don't last long when there are more burdens on your shoulders.
been there, done it. my wife actually complained my driving was slow. silly woman!

trust me mate, I have been down the same path. even with all our family and work commitments, the first pirority is 'look after yourself', otherwise, you wont be able to look after your love ones. this is highlighted in the 3p course, you can sign up free when your kid is 2 years old, highly recommended.

so join us in the next kart outing.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Senior Members

it was on the news be forgot how many years, it was over 30 something
today is not cny and v'day yet.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by deriffic
To be honest, performance is not my top priority. Kenji must has a boost controller like those HKS stuff for turbo car only. I admit his car is fast, but why bother. At the end I don't drive fast, I have a family & I still want to live. Remember, our car is for look only.
then join us in go-kart.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Senior Members

yes but only changing this is fun for a short time until some other thing can not take the heat.
wouldnt this apply to all performance mods?
Old 02-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Senior Members

Glad you love it mate
Hope you had a good time
Possibly the best authetic Spanish food in HK
sorry, dont want to be a spoilsport but what is so great abt spanish food? spanish girls are v nice definitely
Old 02-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Senior Members

Yeah...his tyres is ok although i didnt push it too hard, but for 17" wheels and 5 years old,
it was something i didnt expect.
the problem is there isnt a baseline you can compare to

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum