E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Ray
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi EBMCS03,

Yup just confirmed with my wife about the chrome grill. She told me the "nose" of the car is chromed.

Hi Lawrence, welcome abroad!! People here are nice and helpful. I am sure you gonna have a great time here. I am kinda disappoint too on the MP3 thing. Maybe it's due to the software issue. I will check it out once I am back to HK. Maybe you could also inquire about it with the service guy.

My wife told me that the car we are getting is actually among the first lot of 06 e60. Don't know if it is true but seems we are kinda behind than other countries.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ray' post='223627' date='Jan 13 2006, 04:16 PM
Hi EBMCS03,

Yup just confirmed with my wife about the chrome grill. She told me the "nose" of the car is chromed.

Hi Lawrence, welcome abroad!! People here are nice and helpful. I am sure you gonna have a great time here. I am kinda disappoint too on the MP3 thing. Maybe it's due to the software issue. I will check it out once I am back to HK. Maybe you could also inquire about it with the service guy.

My wife told me that the car we are getting is actually among the first lot of 06 e60. Don't know if it is true but seems we are kinda behind than other countries.
I double checked the hand book today and it didn't say the single deck can play MP3... ... :'( . But I sure my friend's E60 (in Vancouver) can play MP3, maybe it's difference from country to country!

Yes, you should got the first lot of E60 in 06. The sales person told me there's only one lot of E60 coming in Jan!
Old 01-13-2006, 06:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

It depends what Radio unit you have. I think North America including Canada gets Professional Radio as standard for 2006 but the rest of the world doesnt. YOu guys might still get Business Radio. So without the proper hardware Software upgrade wont help.

I myself have a 2005 and without Navigation I too only get Business Radio. BOooooooooooooooo I want MP3!!!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Senior Members

I think all HK E60s hv non MP3 single CD decks, sad
Old 01-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='223738' date='Jan 13 2006, 11:53 PM
It depends what Radio unit you have. I think North America including Canada gets Professional Radio as standard for 2006 but the rest of the world doesnt. YOu guys might still get Business Radio. So without the proper hardware Software upgrade wont help.

I myself have a 2005 and without Navigation I too only get Business Radio. BOooooooooooooooo I want MP3!!!!!
Yes, all 6-cylinders E60s have Business Radio.
The 520/523 has the standard stereo system, while all other E60s have the Hi-Fi system. I think the V8 E60s have the Logic7 stereo as standard.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by mic325' post='223811

Yes, all 6-cylinders E60s have Business Radio.
The 520/523 has the standard stereo system, while all other E60s have the Hi-Fi system. I think the V8 E60s have the Logic7 stereo as standard.
[/quote]

Even Logic 7 can have business radio. I have Logic 7 and I still have Bus Radio. Prof radio is needed I think because of dual output with the radio + Voice Navigation. But if you dont have NAV then its a question if Other places other than North America also get Prof Radio as standard.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Hi Ray, Congrats finally. Did you get a chance to drive your new car?

MP3 playback I think is only available on later production MY06 E60, so being the first lot of MY06 means you are unlikely to be able to play MP3 in your single deck.

Prior to 06, only the 545 in Hong Kong comes standard with Professional Radio which means they are the only E60 that can play MP3.

Chrome grill is also standard for MY06 which means you guys don't need to dish out another 1000 for the chrome grill.

While you are at it, can you check your manual to see if your car comes with the latest DSC program which have stuff like soft stop, hill start assist and brake drying thing. Once again congrats and enjoy
Old 01-15-2006, 06:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 Silver Grey 523i | Step, M-Kit, M5 Trunk Finisher, 19" ACS Type IV Wheels, Goodyear F1 GS-D3 245/35/19, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood Sycamore Anthracite, Advanced Climate Control, Electric rear sunblind, Electric folding mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle, Lights package, PDC, Rain sensor, Business Radio, CD Changer

Seeing more and more radar speed trap these days, I am planning to buy a Valentine One to "protect" myself. Any members using it in HK now? How effective are they?
Old 01-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mic325' post='224541' date='Jan 15 2006, 09:51 AM
Seeing more and more radar speed trap these days, I am planning to buy a Valentine One to "protect" myself. Any members using it in HK now? How effective are they?
Wow, I think that's the highest end radar detector money can buy right? I had that thought once but since I dont speed much, I'd rather use that money for a SUBWOOFER...(still dont know where to get it or how to fit it in the car ).
Old 01-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bunbun' post='224771
Wow, I think that's the highest end radar detector money can buy right? I had that thought once but since I dont speed much, I'd rather use that money for a SUBWOOFER...(still dont know where to get it or how to fit it in the car ).
[/quote]

I don't speed much too.... :'(
but the cops are getting sneaky these days. On Jan 1, I am not sure if I got caught by a radar right after the Autotoll booth in Eastern Harbour Tunnel. They hide behind the booth with the radar gun, the speed limit in the toll plaza is only 50km/h. The same applies to Tai Lam Tunnel too..

Seeing another one in Lung Cheoung Road at around 1am in the morning, the cops hide themselves behind the paper boxes, just like those beggars who slept below the flyovers.

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum