E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Homelink Problems - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 530i|Silver Gray/Black| Premium|Sport|NAV|Auto|PDC|Sunshade|

Looked through all the threads on homelink and still could not solve my unique problem.

I have 2 garage doors with openers (with random codes). The one car garage door programmed without a hitch..worked perfectly.

The double garage door was a different story. I programmed it the same way as the other garage door opener but could not open or close the door even when the signal was picked up by the garage motor. The LED light on the garage motor was flashing when I pushed the homelink memory button in the vehicle. I think this means that the garage door motor is picking up the signal. I even tried switch different memory buttons in the car to see if any of the buttons were faulty. Well they all worked on the one car garage door. This simply tells me that the homelink memory buttons all work. It must be the garage door motor/circuit board not matching the frequency. My Toyota Sequoia homelink works on both garage doors...go figure.

I called Homelink's help hotline and the person could not figure it out either after spending a good 15 minutes going through all the possible options. In the end, he simply gave up and said call your garage door company for help, LiftMaster.

Anyone have any suggestions. It is frustrating to have a feature in a new car that doesn't work completely.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530I

While the led is blinking hit the reset button (if there is one) on the door opener.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Not sure what the Homelink guy had you try (I assume all the normal procedures) but you might want to try moving your car a few feet to a different location in case there's some interference between the car and the opener where you were parked.

Also, in case you didn't look, Liftmaster's website has some FAQ's that may help you as well as a place to download specific owner's manuals for your particular model.

Liftmaster FAQ:
http://www.liftmaster.com/cw/faq/residenti...w==_736,00.html

Liftmaster Owner's Manuals:
http://www.liftmaster.com/cw/instr_man/0,1...w==_736,00.html
Old 07-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i, Sport Package, Premium Package, Navigation.

Follow these steps.

Program the homelink button in your E60 per instructions in the owner's manual. Once you have the homelink button programmed in your E60, go to the garage opener motor and push the "code learning button". Once active, a LED is usually illumitated to tell you the garage opener is ready. Within a few moments go to your E60 and press the programmed homelink button and hold for about 5 - 10 seconds. This should do it.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jchuan8338' post='308736' date='Jul 9 2006, 11:30 PM
Follow these steps.

Program the homelink button in your E60 per instructions in the owner's manual. Once you have the homelink button programmed in your E60, go to the garage opener motor and push the "code learning button". Once active, a LED is usually illumitated to tell you the garage opener is ready. Within a few moments go to your E60 and press the programmed homelink button and hold for about 5 - 10 seconds. This should do it.

Done all that. See in my original post. I had the one car garage working. I just could not get the second garage door to work.

Also, the homelink person had me move my car outside the garage. I even resetted my garage opener. No luck. The next thing is to turn off all the automatic timers (sprinkler, low voltage lighting, fountain pump) to see if this was the cause of interference.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by low_ball_88' post='308903' date='Jul 10 2006, 08:43 AM
Done all that. See in my original post. I had the one car garage working. I just could not get the second garage door to work.

Also, the homelink person had me move my car outside the garage. I even resetted my garage opener. No luck. The next thing is to turn off all the automatic timers (sprinkler, low voltage lighting, fountain pump) to see if this was the cause of interference.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.
Try erasing the remotes you have programmed on the Homelink and trying the programming steps again. This has worked for me in the past.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jchuan8338' post='308905' date='Jul 10 2006, 10:47 AM
Try erasing the remotes you have programmed on the Homelink and trying the programming steps again. This has worked for me in the past.
Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I did this 10 times and no luck. One thing that got me stumped was that after programming and pushing the homelink memory button, the garage LED was flashing. This means that the garage motor is receiving a signal. I guess it was not the right signal that will activiate the door.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i(Build 10/04)(SMG)Sport,BlkSapphire,Blk,Anthricite,Logic7,CWP,Comfort Seats,Nav,RearBags,Shades,Sirius,Heated/SplitFoldingRearSeats; '18 540i xDrive, White/Mocha, CWP, DAP, DAP+, Lux. Pkg, Prem. Pkg., Executive Pkg., Luxury Seating Pkg
Model Year: 2005,2018

Originally Posted by low_ball_88' post='308911' date='Jul 10 2006, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I did this 10 times and no luck. One thing that got me stumped was that after programming and pushing the homelink memory button, the garage LED was flashing. This means that the garage motor is receiving a signal. I guess it was not the right signal that will activiate the door.
Just a thought, some garage door openers have a maximum number of remotes that can be programmed, my genie has a maximum of eight. So, if you by some chance you have over time programmed the maximum, this could explain the behavior. Get your manual and find the proceedure to clear all of the remote codes from your opener, then clear both of your homelink openers and start over. This may require recoding each of your original remotes first.

Joe
Old 07-10-2006, 08:22 AM
Members

Originally Posted by joepoole' post='308919' date='Jul 10 2006, 09:12 AM
Just a thought, some garage door openers have a maximum number of remotes that can be programmed, my genie has a maximum of eight. So, if you by some chance you have over time programmed the maximum, this could explain the behavior. Get your manual and find the proceedure to clear all of the remote codes from your opener, then clear both of your homelink openers and start over. This may require recoding each of your original remotes first.

Joe
Good point Joe!
Old 07-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by joepoole' post='308919' date='Jul 10 2006, 11:12 AM

Joe
Joe,

Thanks, never thought of that. I currently have 3 remotes programmed to this garage door (2 handheld remote and 1 homelink from my sequoia). I will clear all the remotes for this garage door and program the bimmers homelink first.

Quick Reply: Homelink Problems - Help!