E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Home Link

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

ks & JB - thanks guys....if it kills me - I'm going to get this HomeLink working!!!
Old 12-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 330, E60 550 on order: Carbon Black/Natural Brown, 6MT.

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='506917' date='Dec 14 2007, 07:18 PM
I had my car for three months before I could finally get the door programmed.

First clear everything, by holding the outside buttons on the mirror for about 20-30 secs.

You have to hold the remote to the mirror and program it first. (sometimes holding it behind the mirror works better)

Then you have to hit the learn button on the garage opener unit, and then go back in the car and hold the desired button to be programmed. I also found it difficult to program it while parked under the unit, park just outside the door.

I hope this helps.
+1.

Also, hold the remote VERY close to the mirror, or replace the battery.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Members

got it working now...thanks ya'll...........soooo much for your input on this.

Originally Posted by iversonm' post='506954' date='Dec 14 2007, 07:20 PM
+1.

Also, hold the remote VERY close to the mirror, or replace the battery.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

I must have tried every combination last night and STILL can't get that darn thing programmed...sigh...I'm giving up for now....(hangs head in defeat)
Old 12-15-2007, 06:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i: Sport package, premium sound, cold weather package

Originally Posted by HotLap' post='507072' date='Dec 15 2007, 09:07 AM
I must have tried every combination last night and STILL can't get that darn thing programmed...sigh...I'm giving up for now....(hangs head in defeat)
I programmed my homelink yesterday for the rolling link system, followed exactly as it shows in the book and it worked great! I did use the remotes to program to the home link first, then you have to press the learn key on your garage opener (should be located somewhere on the garage mechanism itself) you have 30 seconds from the time you press the button on the garage mechanism to finalize the program on homelink by pressing it 3 times. Works like a charm! Hope that helps. Paul
Old 12-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER
Originally Posted by HotLap' post='506724' date='Dec 14 2007, 10:29 AM
Guys, this is an issue for me as well. I have the rolling code opener, so you cannot program it using the hand held remote units. I have parked the car right undeneath the head unit, pressed it's learning button and pressed the car's Home Link button (up to a total 5 times) in a 30 sec. period and still can't get it to program. I have done this procedure with my two other vehicles and although my F-150 was stubborn, I was finally able to get it. I'm using both the OM and Genie head unit programming instructions and still after 4 seperate attempts can't get that darn thing programmed!!

1) I do have the car on while programming and have held the two outside Home Link buttons until the light blinks rapidly (about 20 secs) to clear it prior to starting wiht the new programming procedures.
2) I'm following the Genie's instructions, I am pressing the learn button on the head unit and pressing the cars button well within the 30 sec time period (even up to 5 times) and still nothing....I'd really like to not have to carry around the hand held remote unit if possible....

Help
Had the same problem as so many others have had. What I did to solve the problem was call Home Link direct at their 800 # and they walked me thru step by step and the problem was solved. Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 12-17-2007, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Also make sure there is nothing obstructing the infrared beam for the door sensors. You know, the sensors down at the base of the door opening that detect if something is in the doorway. I had trouble getting one of my doors programmed when I brought my car home. The first one worked like a charm. The second one "would not learn" no matter what I tried. So I grabbed the remote and tried to open/close the door and it still didn't work. Ah-ha! The lightbulb goes on over my head. I checked the sensors and turned out that I had knocked a piece of paper down in front of the beam thereby preventing the door from moving. I moved the paper and pressed the Homelink button and, VOILA', it was working all along!