E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Home Link

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Thanks guys for the link and help I'll try it again tonight. I read the instructions for the "Rolling Code" door programming and while it seems the same procedure I have been trying, it might have been that I was not holding the cars button for 2 seconds, multiple times while trying to program...thought I was...but I will try again and see.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 530i|Silver Gray/Black| Premium|Sport|NAV|Auto|PDC|Sunshade|

Originally Posted by HotLap' post='506724' date='Dec 14 2007, 10:29 AM
Guys, this is an issue for me as well. I have the rolling code opener, so you cannot program it using the hand held remote units. I have parked the car right undeneath the head unit, pressed it's learning button and pressed the car's Home Link button (up to a total 5 times) in a 30 sec. period and still can't get it to program. I have done this procedure with my two other vehicles and although my F-150 was stubborn, I was finally able to get it. I'm using both the OM and Genie head unit programming instructions and still after 4 seperate attempts can't get that darn thing programmed!!

1) I do have the car on while programming and have held the two outside Home Link buttons until the light blinks rapidly (about 20 secs) to clear it prior to starting wiht the new programming procedures.
2) I'm following the Genie's instructions, I am pressing the learn button on the head unit and pressing the cars button well within the 30 sec time period (even up to 5 times) and still nothing....I'd really like to not have to carry around the hand held remote unit if possible....

Help
I feel for you. I tried more than 10 times to program my two car garage remote with no sucess but the one car garage opener worked the first time...To this day, I have no idea what to do but to go back to my old reliable remote that came with the opener.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone Waiting

Originally Posted by yellowpad' post='506615' date='Dec 14 2007, 02:05 AM
For the life of me.......welllll, for the last two days off and on, I can't pair up my homelink to my Genie garage door opener. What are your tricks. Do share..please.
first of all where are you located , if you are in usa , no need to change your receiver of your door.

change the battery in the remote of your door first then pair it , it should be ok.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by gabman' post='506743' date='Dec 14 2007, 08:03 AM
What worked for me was while holding your home link button and the button from your garage door remote opener,
keep holding the Home link Button but release the remote button and then press it again right away.

I had problems and once I did this it paired almost right away.
I'ver tried this method...but it does not work on the "rolling code" units (Gene Intellicode is what mine is) as while it will program the hand held unit's code into the HomeLink memory, the garage head unit will not subsequently recognize it.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Danjf' post='506747' date='Dec 14 2007, 08:11 AM
For some reason this worked for me (Rolling code):

1) Clear HomeLink buttons
2) Press-and HOLD- learning button on OH garage unit
3) Simultaneously Press and hold desired HomeLink button in car until the two are paired.

This required me standing up through the sun roof in a very awkward position, but I was able to pair the two without the wife's help.
I don?t know why or what, but this worked while every other attempt failed. Good luck.

Dan - funny thought - standing up through the sunroof...I will try this method too if I can't get the HomeLink "E60/Genie Intellicode" instructions to work!
Old 12-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i ALS, Nav, Cold Weather package, Premium package, Logic 7

I also had trouble. I went to the home link web site and followed their directions. I have a geni with rolling code. I contiued to have trouble until I replaced the battery in the remote like their instructions required then everything worked.

The home link tech explained that the programing of the home link requires a strong signal that only a new battery will provide. The new battery cost me just under $2 at Home Depo and had I spent that in the first place would have saved me about 3 hours of frustration.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550I M Sport, Premium pkg, Logic 7, Sport Automatic Trans, Paddle Shifters, Nav, Comfort Access, Rear Shades, Satellite, PDC

This may sound weird but my X5, 525 and Ford F150 worked after using the middle button of the three. The first button would not work with either of the vehicles.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tprindle' post='506823' date='Dec 14 2007, 12:17 PM
I also had trouble. I went to the home link web site and followed their directions. I have a geni with rolling code. I contiued to have trouble until I replaced the battery in the remote like their instructions required then everything worked.

The home link tech explained that the programing of the home link requires a strong signal that only a new battery will provide. The new battery cost me just under $2 at Home Depo and had I spent that in the first place would have saved me about 3 hours of frustration.

Curious, I had been advised that with the rolling code head unit, you can not use the hand held remotes to program the HomeLink as they send a differnt signal (or something like this) every time you use them...this held true at my old home (Sears - rolling code head unit) as well. Also, my F-150 wouldn't work using the hand held to program it at the new house either (Genie Intellicode - rolling code) - I had to use the "learn" button on the head unit and finally got it programmed...are you sure with a rolling code HU, that you can use the hand held transmitter to program Homelink?

thx!

Anyone notice those of us with problems programming our HomeLinks seem to be mostly the Genie head units?
Old 12-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by HotLap' post='506902' date='Dec 14 2007, 05:44 PM
Curious, I had been advised that with the rolling code head unit, you can not use the hand held remotes to program the HomeLink as they send a differnt signal (or something like this) every time you use them...this held true at my old home (Sears - rolling code head unit) as well. Also, my F-150 wouldn't work using the hand held to program it at the new house either (Genie Intellicode - rolling code) - I had to use the "learn" button on the head unit and finally got it programmed...are you sure with a rolling code HU, that you can use the hand held transmitter to program Homelink?

thx!

Anyone notice those of us with problems programming our HomeLinks seem to be mostly the Genie head units?
Well my head unit was a Genie and I got it to work using the directions in the link I provided. Of course that was in my old 545 and the head unit is now somewhere in a landfill somewhere courtesy Katrina :thumbsdown: so I can't replicate the process. No garage at the new house...
Old 12-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Senior Members

I had my car for three months before I could finally get the door programmed.

First clear everything, by holding the outside buttons on the mirror for about 20-30 secs.

You have to hold the remote to the mirror and program it first. (sometimes holding it behind the mirror works better)

Then you have to hit the learn button on the garage opener unit, and then go back in the car and hold the desired button to be programmed. I also found it difficult to program it while parked under the unit, park just outside the door.

I hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Home Link