E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Home Link

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the life of me.......welllll, for the last two days off and on, I can't pair up my homelink to my Genie garage door opener. What are your tricks. Do share..please.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by yellowpad' post='506615' date='Dec 14 2007, 03:05 AM
For the life of me.......welllll, for the last two days off and on, I can't pair up my homelink to my Genie garage door opener. What are your tricks. Do share..please.
Try going to Homelink's website. I found it very helpful when programming my garage door opener. Good Luck
Old 12-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Your homelink system probably has a rolling code system. There usually is a "learn" button somewhere not very obvious. Hit that "learn" button and then you have about 30 seconds to sync the button on your car.

The above mentioned site and your manual should be able to get it hooked up.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Jet Blk, Blk Int, SMG, Sport, Nav, Prem, CW Pack, L7, PDC

just followed the manual and from past experience programming it in other cars. be sure to turn off the remote sensor though so your garage doesn't keep going up and down while you program
Old 12-14-2007, 06:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by yellowpad' post='506615' date='Dec 14 2007, 02:05 AM
Yes, first thing you need to know is if you have a fixed code or a rolling code.

Another thing you will find out is that the homelink remote doesn't work unless your car is turned on.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Guys, this is an issue for me as well. I have the rolling code opener, so you cannot program it using the hand held remote units. I have parked the car right undeneath the head unit, pressed it's learning button and pressed the car's Home Link button (up to a total 5 times) in a 30 sec. period and still can't get it to program. I have done this procedure with my two other vehicles and although my F-150 was stubborn, I was finally able to get it. I'm using both the OM and Genie head unit programming instructions and still after 4 seperate attempts can't get that darn thing programmed!!

1) I do have the car on while programming and have held the two outside Home Link buttons until the light blinks rapidly (about 20 secs) to clear it prior to starting wiht the new programming procedures.
2) I'm following the Genie's instructions, I am pressing the learn button on the head unit and pressing the cars button well within the 30 sec time period (even up to 5 times) and still nothing....I'd really like to not have to carry around the hand held remote unit if possible....

Help
Old 12-14-2007, 06:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Many have this issue but unless they have changed something it does work. Here is the old thread that several folks followed to get their universal remotes working. I put a link in from another board that I found particularly helpful, try it and see if it does the trick for you...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...amp;hl=homelink
Old 12-14-2007, 07:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

What worked for me was while holding your home link button and the button from your garage door remote opener,
keep holding the Home link Button but release the remote button and then press it again right away.

I had problems and once I did this it paired almost right away.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport

For some reason this worked for me (Rolling code):

1) Clear HomeLink buttons
2) Press-and HOLD- learning button on OH garage unit
3) Simultaneously Press and hold desired HomeLink button in car until the two are paired.

This required me standing up through the sun roof in a very awkward position, but I was able to pair the two without the wife's help.
I don?t know why or what, but this worked while every other attempt failed. Good luck.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Danjf' post='506747' date='Dec 14 2007, 11:11 AM
For some reason this worked for me (Rolling code):

1) Clear HomeLink buttons
2) Press-and HOLD- learning button on OH garage unit
3) Simultaneously Press and hold desired HomeLink button in car until the two are paired.

This required me standing up through the sun roof in a very awkward position, but I was able to pair the two without the wife's help.
I don?t know why or what, but this worked while every other attempt failed. Good luck.

My manual says for rolling code to use the normal procedure (clear homelink, press homelink button and remote GDO button until it flashes rapidly) and then get out of car and press learn button on the garage door opener. Then you have 30 seconds to get into car and press and release the homelink button 3 times. It worked very easily for my 3 GDO's
Mark

Quick Reply: Home Link