E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hogen to Xenon Assembly (No Coversion Kit)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 12:05 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally it happen! i got my car convert from halogen headlight assembly to xenon headlight. (No Conversion kit), i have a 2008 BMW 528i (E60) came with halogen headlight, went on ebay both 2 xenon headlight assembly, switch my headlight but did not work 100%, i search on the internet i found my man in Long Beach CA, please go to his website http://www.projectmdesigns.com, is name his Jay, he prepared 2 adapted (See Picture) to connect to my headlight plus very important, you have to do coding, so once he prepare adapter ship to you and then will do coding on your bimmer via remotely on your laptop.No BS Jay did it for me, now i have real xenon headlight (No conversion kit) real xenon and no errors showing on screen. Thanks Jay
Attached Thumbnails Hogen to Xenon Assembly (No Coversion Kit)-xenon-adapter.jpg   Hogen to Xenon Assembly (No Coversion Kit)-xenon-adapter-2-.jpg  
Old 08-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Very interesting indeed. However, I am not entirely convinced that it is a true conversion. The reason is that US xenons are adaptive capable, and the LCM either has the feature or does not, it's not something you can just code into. With that said, you basically have working xenon lights (which would be the same as putting in a HID kit into your halogen projectors), and the inner lamp as cornering lights (the cornering light is actually not as attractive to me as the reflector high beam).

I suppose that you end up now with the option to go HID AEs, however, I personally don't find this LCI halogen to LCI xenon reasonable when you compare money spent (LCI xenon headlights, LCM, conversion labor/coding) versus benefit.

Regardless though, thanks for sharing the information. If there are people that wants to take this up, at least they have the option to.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:38 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

How much were they? The site wouldn't cooperate with me.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Senior Members

Please don't take this the wrong way OP but your first post sounds like an advertisement (spam) than an actual post. Anyway if you did get it to work, good for you.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
Please don't take this the wrong way OP but your first post sounds like an advertisement (spam) than an actual post. Anyway if you did get it to work, good for you.
seems logical..