E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

HIT ON DRIVERS SIDE FENDER - Check out the photos.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

At least it looks like all the damage is on that one panel vs going to the bumper too.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Alpine White, Beige Ltr, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Steptronic, Nav, Satellite Radio, Split Fold Rear Seats, V1

Someone in the lot has to have corresponding damage at the same height. I don't know how big your lot is but I sure would go on the hunt. If it is a gated secured lot it is very likely another employee. A hit and run is VERY serious.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by MidnightRider' post='467199' date='Sep 7 2007, 11:17 PM
Someone in the lot has to have corresponding damage at the same height. I don't know how big your lot is but I sure would go on the hunt. If it is a gated secured lot it is very likely another employee. A hit and run is VERY serious.
It was definately someone who works in my building but it is difficult to prove. I checked all the SUV's in the lot that evening and thought I found the one. It was the right height and he had scratches on the bumber. But he also had them everywhere else. I confronted the owner and we had a conversation in regards. He came down to the lot and I showed him How perfect the height and bumper was on his truck. But he stated he left at 4:30am and I left at 10:30pm. It's still suspect, but I have no proof.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by Veight' post='467102' date='Sep 7 2007, 11:27 PM
I don't think the fenders are aluminum just the hood is. Was the hood damaged?
Hi,

Not important in this case, but the entire front part of 5er is built of aluminium. Doors and everything backwards is built of steel.

Sorry for the damage, but it seems to be limited in the fender. May be it has to be replaced though, because of the material. BMW guideline is that if aluminium parts have changed their form more than 2 millimeters they should be replaced.

You are lucky to get rid of the car - it's easier to forget as you get your new ride

Regards
Old 09-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

ouch.. sorry to hear that. but good luck and enjoy the new beast when it comes.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='467151' date='Sep 8 2007, 02:44 AM
Here are some photos of the hit on my fender.

My sympathys.

Mr. S&W 45 would like to meet to the assh**e who did that.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Thanks guys for all the support. Alot of these writings are really to vent to people who really understand the true meaning of owning one of these automobiles and actually trying to keep them in prestine condition. I'm better now and not as angry as I was when I first observed the hit. I'm going to take the car in on monday and get it fixed. I hope my friend can have the job rushed because it's also going to cost me for the rental. I'll keep you guys posted.

On another note do we have female members because we always refer to members as guys, the boys, fellas without realizing there may be female members. My apologies if so.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Senior Members

that is totally disgusting, just last week my e90 330d got hit by an uninsured driver.

know how you feel

E60BEEMER
Old 09-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E60BEEMER' post='467392' date='Sep 8 2007, 02:58 PM
that is totally disgusting, just last week my e90 330d got hit by an uninsured driver.

know how you feel

E60BEEMER
I saw that, I was pissed for you and then mine happened.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:30 AM
Members

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='467521' date='Sep 9 2007, 06:24 AM
I saw that, I was pissed for you and then mine happened.
Just this monday one russian moran reversed to the right fender of my car, when i was at the parking lot. I horned and nothing No i need new headlight and bodywork and must leave car to dealer for 4 days :thumbsdown: At least i don?t have to pay nothing

Quick Reply: HIT ON DRIVERS SIDE FENDER - Check out the photos.