E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

HIT ON DRIVERS SIDE FENDER - Check out the photos.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

A unfortunate event occurred to me 2 days ago. I worked from 8am to 10:30pm and went to our parking lot got in my car and drove home. Our lot is gated and locked and you need a key to enter. I got home around 11:00pm and parked in my lot. I got up at 6:00am to go back to work and had a nice drive into work listening to my music. When I got to the office parking lot I got out of my car to open the gate and saw the HIT on the drivers side fender. I had to look at it 5 times before it registered that someone hit the car. Boy was I f@#$%g pissed. I couldn't even concentrate at the office. I sat there and could not believe that someone hit it and did not , at least, tell me.

I believe it was an SUV because of the area it was hit. It's up almost at the center of the wheel well. I was parked ass in and my front exposed. It appears they were trying to back into the spot and hit the fender.

I know I should not have a problem when returning the car for the new one as long as I restore the car to it's original condition. It's going to cost me around $1,000 to fix. That will come out of my pocket and I did not need this right now.

I'm a little nervous, I don't want any problems when returning the car. The new ordered car is built already awaiting transport.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Ouch. Sorry to hear about the battle scar. Good excuse for M5 fenders?
Old 09-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I am so sorry to hear that! That totally sucks. Just curious, but does anyone have camera's around you? Could it be possible that a neighbor may have caught it on one of their camera's?

You know what though...get the car fixed, return it to the dealer, because in a few weeks, you are about to have what is called "perma-smile" all over your face! I can't wait to see pix of that new car. I hope to see it in person too, if we can get a NY meet together before the winter arrives.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Contributors

Look on the bright side ... can you imagine if this had happened to your NEW car?? I would recommend calling the dealer and explaining what has happened. They are bound to have very good contacts (if not their own body shop) and will agree a good price with you for the damage - they may only knock $500 of the value or even not charge you anything at all. I have exchanged a car which picked up some damage a few weeks before the exchange, when we went to do the swap I pointed it out (some very bad scratches and a split bumper), they just said "don't worry about it, we've got our own body shop, it'll be fixed up in a few hours and considering the amount you've just spent with us, we aren't going to ruin your exchange by charging a few hundred pounds for something we can fix in no time". It was great. Of course it could back fire, they could quote you $3,000 and say that unless they do, and approve, the repair, they won't take it! Depends on your relationship with the dealer I guess...
Old 09-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='467091' date='Sep 7 2007, 03:45 PM
course it could back fire, they could quote you $3,000 and say that unless they do, and approve, the repair, they won't take it! Depends on your relationship with the dealer I guess...
I don't think it's $3000 it's only the fender. Nothing else is damage but it looks horrible. I tried a professional dent a fix and they said because it's aluminum it can't be fixed. It won't look good. I was quoted $800 by the body shop that fixes Bayside BMW cars. He did say that the door would have to be blended in also.

I wish I could buy the fender painted with the original paint from germany and have it shipped. Then I would have a reputable place install it.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='467099' date='Sep 7 2007, 03:20 PM
I don't think it's $3000 it's only the fender. Nothing else is damage but it looks horrible. I tried a professional dent a fix and they said because it's aluminum it can't be fixed. It won't look good. I was quoted $800 by the body shop that fixes Bayside BMW cars. He did say that the door would have to be blended in also.

I wish I could buy the fender painted with the original paint from germany and have it shipped. Then I would have a reputable place install it.

I don't think the fenders are aluminum just the hood is. Was the hood damaged?
Old 09-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Veight' post='467102' date='Sep 7 2007, 04:27 PM
I don't think the fenders are aluminum just the hood is. Was the hood damaged?
No, no hood damage. Looking at it you could almost say it could be pull out but it's right at the edge line about the size of a softball.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Contributors

Here are some photos of the hit on my fender. Man if I would have caught the mother F@#$%$R in the act. And the sad shit is that the person probably knows who I am.

HIT ON DRIVERS SIDE FENDER - Check out the photos.-img_8882_2.jpg

HIT ON DRIVERS SIDE FENDER - Check out the photos.-img_8883.jpg

HIT ON DRIVERS SIDE FENDER - Check out the photos.-img_8891_2.jpg

HIT ON DRIVERS SIDE FENDER - Check out the photos.-img_8892_2.jpg

HIT ON DRIVERS SIDE FENDER - Check out the photos.-img_8888.jpg
Old 09-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Normally, I'd recommend that the wheel alignment be checked out since it's possible that the SUV or whatever hit you pressed on the tire too. Since you're getting rid of the car, let the next guy worry about it...
Old 09-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Contributors

wow that sucks, i'll be piss too.

Quick Reply: HIT ON DRIVERS SIDE FENDER - Check out the photos.