E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

High Battery Drain - DEALER CAN'T FIND CAUSE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010 | 09:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Old 06-10-2010 | 09:33 PM
Members

My Ride: bmw 530d bmw x5 3.0d bmw 320i opel corsa opc bmw 135i dct

i had problem with the tracking device killing battery .,.
Old 06-11-2010 | 07:25 AM
Contributors

My High Battery Discharge warning was resolved with the replacement of a door handle. The Comfort Access module in the door handle was not allowing the car to go into RIM sleep
Old 06-11-2010 | 07:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
Thanks Mel. Hearing from you is good enough to hold me over for a while.
Old 06-11-2010 | 07:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel
Old 06-11-2010 | 10:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550I Sport, Jet Black w/Tan Interior: Comfort Access, Premium Package, Nav, Sirius Radio, Cold Weather Package

I had the same problem, rear drivers side CAS door handle unit was defective and had to be replaced after similar gyrations with the CAS. I have also had to have the TCU replaces following a couple attempts to rosolve an SOS malfuntion. All is good now; but I've decided to leave the FOB in the ignition when I wash or polish the car to prevent un-needed door lock cycling; may help, may not.
Old 06-11-2010 | 01:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)

As Eurocarfan knows, I have the same battery issuse recently, but it has disappeared for 1 week now.
Old 06-11-2010 | 03:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gregg2gs
As Eurocarfan knows, I have the same battery issuse recently, but it has disappeared for 1 week now.
Lucky you! Did the dealer do something to fix it or did it just go away on its own?

Seems like a lot of people think it's the door handle comfort access module and I told my dealer to check that this morning. We'll see.
Old 06-11-2010 | 04:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
Lucky you! Did the dealer do something to fix it or did it just go away on its own?

Seems like a lot of people think it's the door handle comfort access module and I told my dealer to check that this morning. We'll see.
Were there any tell tale signs that the comfort access handle module was at fault? I had my electrical system go dead last week and the dealer determined the ignition was "left on". Additional diagnosis is required as I told them I lock the car each evening (with CA) and NEVER leave the key fob in the car.

I drive approx 40-200/miles per day so my driving pattern is not at fault.

One interesting note is that 2-3 times before the car went dead I found the driver's door unlocked in the morning. So your post about the Comfort Access Door module has peaked my curiosity!

The dealer will continue the investigation when I return the car to them next week.
Old 06-11-2010 | 07:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Were there any tell tale signs that the comfort access handle module was at fault? I had my electrical system go dead last week and the dealer determined the ignition was "left on". Additional diagnosis is required as I told them I lock the car each evening (with CA) and NEVER leave the key fob in the car.

I drive approx 40-200/miles per day so my driving pattern is not at fault.

One interesting note is that 2-3 times before the car went dead I found the driver's door unlocked in the morning. So your post about the Comfort Access Door module has peaked my curiosity!

The dealer will continue the investigation when I return the car to them next week.
There was no sign of anything for me before the warning lights started appearing. I just picked up my car today cause I need to bring it to SonicMS on Mon to swap my headers and then bring my car back to the dealer again. They said they will reprogram my TCU next.

Quick Reply: High Battery Drain - DEALER CAN'T FIND CAUSE!