E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

High Batter Drain

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 07:34 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a DVD Player in my car on seperate screen from the iDrive. I needed the DVD to charge itself since i don't want to have to bring it up to my house to charge every night. So I found a fuse in the glove box that says "DVD Changer" which was unused cuz i don't have a DVD changer. So I tap the power from that fuse and supplied it to a cigarette lighter charger that came with the DVD Player. Apparently, the DVD kept charging eventhough I left the car for over 5 hours. I tapped the fuse under the impression that the car goes into sleep mode after awhile and will turn off the charger. Apparently it doesn't so if anyone have any advice please help me out. I don't want to remove all my trims again to tap the ciggarette lighter power again. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

PS: The charger that came with the DVD player have a small light on it, which stays on when its plugged in.

Here's a picture for those who are curious or if i'm unclear.

High Batter Drain-dve7000s.jpg

I just put the DVD player and not the stand, I use the AUX input for sound. Please help me...

Here's the picture of the install...
Attached Thumbnails High Batter Drain-dvd.jpg  
Old 07-11-2006, 09:08 AM
Contributors

Please help me... I've been waiting for a reply for over 1 hour... If anyone have any advices please help me. Thanks
Old 07-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please note that DVD changer supply is constant because it needs to keep BMW DVD changer memory alive while the car is off. You can use the charger under the left (passenger) footwell. This is better because when ignition is off, current is cut-off from your DVD charger.
Maybe car in Thailand does not have charger under passenger footwell. All you need to do is tapping power from current cigarette lighter and use for your charger. Use wire as thick as cigarette light wire. Make sure you only use certain amount of current which does not exceed cigarette lighter fuse rating. Hope that helps.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by my530i' post='309484' date='Jul 12 2006, 12:51 AM
Please note that DVD changer supply is constant because it needs to keep BMW DVD changer memory alive while the car is off. You can use the charger under the left (passenger) footwell. This is better because when ignition is off, current is cut-off from your DVD charger.
Maybe car in Thailand does not have charger under passenger footwell. All you need to do is tapping power from current cigarette lighter and use for your charger. Use wire as thick as cigarette light wire. Make sure you only use certain amount of current which does not exceed cigarette lighter fuse rating. Hope that helps.
Insted of removing my trims and tapping it from the cigarette lighter on the center console, is it ok if I tap the fuse thats in the luggage compartment? Will it turn off? Because I'm reali ruling out the option of removing my trims again. Thank so much for your help, you've helped tremendously.