E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hi guys need some help

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 11:23 AM
t.j
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi my first post i know. well hello to every one.

Now the problem got usa 2007 BMW M5 which was theft recovered which i bought from auction site and shipped to U.K and when it got to U.K had no Keys. So I ordered some from U.K dealer. The battery is flat so used booster pack on front red terminal. Now when I insert Key all I get is passeger air bag light off and seat belt light. nothing else no dash lights or I-Drive. when i press start button it turn over for 15 sec but wont start.? Any ideas guys??

I am gonna try put new battery on it next week as I no these cars are very sensitvie to voltage.

I would like to know what you all think and if you have experinced this before.

Dan
Old 07-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

I have when jump starting an M3. The cars pretty much require 12V to start the car. What I did was purchased a voltimeter (meter that measures voltage) and measured the voltage of the battery, once it hit 12V i was able to start. Have you tried jump starting? Also, turn off all your lights when you start the car because that takes up precious voltage.

Let me know

Michael

Originally Posted by t.j' post='621490' date='Jul 11 2008, 12:23 PM
hi my first post i know. well hello to every one.

Now the problem got usa 2007 BMW M5 which was theft recovered which i bought from auction site and shipped to U.K and when it got to U.K had no Keys. So I ordered some from U.K dealer. The battery is flat so used booster pack on front red terminal. Now when I insert Key all I get is passeger air bag light off and seat belt light. nothing else no dash lights or I-Drive. when i press start button it turn over for 15 sec but wont start.? Any ideas guys??

I am gonna try put new battery on it next week as I no these cars are very sensitvie to voltage.

I would like to know what you all think and if you have experinced this before.

Dan
Old 07-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

So is it legal to drive a left-drive (USA) car in the UK?

And how does someone sell a car with no keys? Even though it was theft recovery, they could have been nice enough to order a set for the buyer. I wonder what else is wrong with this car or what else happened to it that you don't know about.

Oh, welcome aboard!
Old 07-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Congrats on the car and enjoy the forums!!
Old 07-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new buy.

Does it sound weak when its cranking?? Try jumping it and see what it does. Throw the battery on a charger overnight and then try it. Wait til next week???????? If I had an M5 sitting at home I won't leave it alone until I got it started.

P.S.: At least the thevies stole a cool car. Just laugh at these people who steal like a 94 Honda Accord and get caught. Thats just embarrasing.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and enjoy the forums.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Members

My Ride: Orient Blue 2005 530i E60-Winter Package

Stolen car? I'd check the trunk if I were you, might have a dead bloke in the boot...No seriously, I can't believe they shipped you a car without the damn keys, what's the shipping cost for a car overseas anyway? I agree with the other chaps, charge that baby up and give it a jump.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:27 PM
t.j
Members

Hi Guys thanks for the replys..

Some one may no the car on here it was bought from beverly hills BMW dealer it is 2007 car and was Red. but when it was stolen they painted it Black with cans by the look of it. Which is very sad to see.

I just hope by getting new battery with the right voltage and ampage from battery this baby will wake up.

Dan
Old 07-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Beverly Hills BMW? I wouldnt imagine them picking up a stolen vehicle that was painted with spray paint to re-sell... those would probably end up at a auction site to used car dealers... hummm
Old 07-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i

That is the most funniest thing I've read so far from this forum. Yes, I am referring to the fact you bought a car and it didn't come with keys . I thought waiting for 2 months for my 5 was bad but I can't imagine finally getting the car and can't really do a damn thing about it until BMW gets both keys replaced which took a week from my experience.

Quick Reply: Hi guys need some help