E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hi Guys I'm Back

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: december 2011 525d SE

Well its only been nine months without a bmw and now I'm back,
The Mercedes CLS that I purchased has been the worst ownership experience I have ever had.
Worked perfectly for the first eight months of ownership up until it went in for a service with the local main dealer, Since that day the car has had numerous problems the main one being the 7 speed gearbox that they updated the software to, that then subsequently failed and had to be recovered back to the dealer, Low and behold it "was nothing that they had done" so another £500 later the car was in their words perfect.Took the car eight miles home no problem. The following morning went out in the car hadnt gone five miles and the gearbox fails again. Back to the dealer again "Oh it must be something weve missed" Five days later get the car back, paid them again, havn't gone two miles from the dealership when it goes again, manage to get it to limp back to the dealership, Give them the impression that I am not too happy with their service and quality of work only to be told that they want it for another week to "TRY" and get to the bottom of the problem but unfortunately they havnt got a loan car so if i can just get my car eight miles home i can use the mercedes breakdown to recover it and that way i can have a loan car.
I was obviously over the moon with this suggestion but told if not I would be without a vehicle and they would not be able to look at it until next week ( 6 days later )
So home we went at 35mph , rang up mobilo or mondial or what ever they call themselves and had to wait two days for them to recover the car.
They did provide a courtesey car, which was delivered with a tank range of 11 miles.
Any way back to the car. Mercedes dealer had the car five days came up with several fault codes but could not pinpoint which was the main culprit but if i could have the car back and drive it for a while then if it happened again they would have it back in.
At This point I was expecting Noel Edmonds,Jerremy beadle or Harry Hill to jump out as this was getting stupid.
I went and picked the car up hadnt gone three miles and there it was again, This time without hesitation went straight to my local Independant BMW supplier told him of the fault with the car and promptly Part exed it into a 2008 525d m sport. Even the misses whos idea it was to get the merc didnt say a word as the glance i threw at her said it all. NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH A BEEMER.
So there you go boys I'm back and will never stray again regardless of what the misses says.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Members

OMG! Sorry to hear that . Welcome back
Old 09-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Senior Members

wow that sucks........I just joined the BMW ranks myself, but welcome back anyway
Old 09-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Contributors

Wow, I would have been fuming at the merc dealer to say the least! Anyway, welcome back!!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, 1984 Mercedes Gelandewagen

Originally Posted by fifthinarow
The Mercedes CLS that I purchased has been the worst ownership experience I have ever had.
It's remarkable how Mercedes went from having some of the most dependable sedans and 4x4s in the 60s, 70s, and 80s, to having nothing but electrical problems with their late model vehicles.

Welcome back.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

Worked perfectly for the first eight months of ownership up until it went in for a service with the local main dealer, Since that day the car has had numerous problems the main one being the 7 speed gearbox that they updated the software to, that then subsequently failed and had to be recovered back to the dealer, Low and behold it "was nothing that they had done" so another £500 later the car was in their words perfect.Took the car eight miles home no problem. The following morning went out in the car hadnt gone five miles and the gearbox fails again. Back to the dealer again "Oh it must be something weve missed" Five days later get the car back, paid them again, havn't gone two miles from the dealership when it goes again, manage to get it to limp back to the dealership, Give them the impression that I am not too happy with their service and quality of work only to be told that they want it for another week to "TRY" and get to the bottom of the problem but unfortunately they havnt got a loan car so if i can just get my car eight miles home i can use the mercedes breakdown to recover it and that way i can have a loan car.
I was obviously over the moon with this suggestion but told if not I would be without a vehicle and they would not be able to look at it until next week ( 6 days later )
So home we went at 35mph , rang up mobilo or mondial or what ever they call themselves and had to wait two days for them to recover the car.
They did provide a courtesey car, which was delivered with a tank range of 11 miles.
Any way back to the car. Mercedes dealer had the car five days came up with several fault codes but could not pinpoint which was the main culprit but if i could have the car back and drive it for a while then if it happened again they would have it back in.
At This point I was expecting Noel Edmonds,Jerremy beadle or Harry Hill to jump out as this was getting stupid.
I went and picked the car up hadnt gone three miles and there it was again, This time without hesitation went straight to my local Independant BMW supplier told him of the fault with the car and promptly Part exed it into a 2008 525d m sport. Even the misses whos idea it was to get the merc didnt say a word as the glance i threw at her said it all. NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH A BEEMER.
So there you go boys I'm back and will never stray again regardless of what the misses says.

Welcome back turn coat!! (LOL), Just kidding but seriously sorry to hear about your problems, but glad your back!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Good to have you back
Old 09-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Damn, that sounds like a nightmare. Do you guys have lemon laws like we do here?
Old 09-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Damn, that sounds like a nightmare. Do you guys have lemon laws like we do here?
No we don`t, you have to be really careful when buying a car in the UK.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:29 AM
Members

wow, sucks.. but why did you keep paying?? isnt the car under warranty and what your describing should be covered under warranty.

Quick Reply: Hi Guys I'm Back