E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Here we go again.....I need some CD text help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i delivery end of Feb. 2006 Jet Black| Black Interior| Sports Package| Manual | Cold Weather| Comfort Access| Sun Shades| Premium Sound Package | Sat. Radio| M Aero Kit | Rear Spoiler

Hello, I've read all of the threads regarding cd text but still can't figure it out.. I can get MP3's to show cd-text in the in dash but, if I try to burn an audio cd and try it in the in dash player it just says track 1 and track 2. I've tried burning using Roxio and Nero. In Nero I used data cd (which came up as an MP3 so that was no good) and I burned as an audio cd and it didn't work it just showed tracks. I do not have the navigational system...don't know if that matters and I have the logic 7 sound system. Hope someone has some input because this is really starting to frustrate me!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Contributors

I burned two cds over the weekend with Nero, one of them shows the cd-text, the other one don't.
the reason for that is probably i didn't check the "normalize all files" box. thats the only thing i could think of.
Originally Posted by Toni' post='247566' date='Mar 1 2006, 10:33 AM
Hello, I've read all of the threads regarding cd text but still can't figure it out.. I can get MP3's to show cd-text in the in dash but, if I try to burn an audio cd and try it in the in dash player it just says track 1 and track 2. I've tried burning using Roxio and Nero. In Nero I used data cd (which came up as an MP3 so that was no good) and I burned as an audio cd and it didn't work it just showed tracks. I do not have the navigational system...don't know if that matters and I have the logic 7 sound system. Hope someone has some input because this is really starting to frustrate me!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 12:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d E60 Fleet Edition

CD Text of course works only if the CD was burned with CD Text enabled and with the Trackname and Artist filled out.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Members

My Ride: 550i delivery end of Feb. 2006 Jet Black| Black Interior| Sports Package| Manual | Cold Weather| Comfort Access| Sun Shades| Premium Sound Package | Sat. Radio| M Aero Kit | Rear Spoiler

Originally Posted by Bimmer530I' post='247581' date='Feb 28 2006, 07:05 PM
I burned two cds over the weekend with Nero, one of them shows the cd-text, the other one don't.
the reason for that is probably i didn't check the "normalize all files" box. thats the only thing i could think of.
Hi Bimmer530i,
I tried checking the "normalize all files" box but, still no luck. When you got the one cd to work what options did you check off in Nero? Was it for an audio cd or MP3? Do you have the navigational system. Maybe I need to have Nav. in order for text to show up on an audio cd???????? This is driving me crazy!!!!
Old 03-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Toni' post='248193' date='Mar 2 2006, 09:38 AM
Hi Bimmer530i,
I tried checking the "normalize all files" box but, still no luck. When you got the one cd to work what options did you check off in Nero? Was it for an audio cd or MP3? Do you have the navigational system. Maybe I need to have Nav. in order for text to show up on an audio cd???????? This is driving me crazy!!!!
"Normalize all files" was the only thing i checked, and it was for audio cd instead of MP3. it doesn't have a Nav.
make sure your writing speed is not too fast in order to get the optimum sound quality. Good luck