E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

help!!!Screw stuck in my low pro tires (falkens)

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='663153' date='Sep 6 2008, 12:08 AM
As soon as the wrench turner was unable to remove your BMW's lug nuts you should have RUN from away this jerk outfit. I don't understand your reluctance to go to a BMW Service Center - many are open on Saturday's. You're driving a BMW ... for heavens' sake are you really needing to save 20 bucks for a crap tire repair??? As an alternative, go to tirerack.com and search for the shops they list on their website - especially those that specify they are certified or specialize in work with special wheels and tires - like RFT's. That said, it is very possible that the plug you inserted from the outside permanently damaged your tire.
Wow, we are really attuned to each other - But you said it better.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 5series
Model Year: 2004

Yea I realized that but had no choice, I had to seal it otherwise I wouldn't be able to leave, they told me they wouldnt do it so I had no choice, I put in the plug but I think that maybe it is still possible to fix it, btw. they weren't necessarily cheap they were asking 47$, money is not the issue for me, they wouldn't do it because they said they don't want to be reliable if my rims got scratched, they said it was reverse mounted? And I was like OMG you got to be kidding me I felt like such an idiot wasting my time. Anyone please advise me to where I should go, any reputable tire shops? I live in NoVa. I hope this frickkin tire plug didn't permenately damage my tire, please help!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Contributors

Thumbs down

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...r/Default.aspx

http://www.tirerack.com/installer/index.jsp

Take your BMW and check book.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='663164' date='Sep 6 2008, 12:21 AM
Thanks, but I really don't want to take my car to a dealership, last time I took my car there the assholes had my car for 2 weeks, and put 320 miles on my car, and I couldn't prove they did, also my car was covered with dust all over, it was scratched, and one of my 20" rims was badly curbed and all this happened at Fairfax BMW, I will never go there ever again
Old 09-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by bimmer530iguy' post='663167' date='Sep 5 2008, 09:25 PM
Thanks, but I really don't want to take my car to a dealership, last time I took my car there the assholes had my car for 2 weeks, and put 320 miles on my car, and I couldn't prove they did, also my car was covered with dust all over, it was scratched, and one of my 20" rims was badly curbed and all this happened at Fairfax BMW, I will never go there ever again
So try another BMW dealer... where did you get your rims/wheels mounted? Try that place. Point I think everyone is saying is here is take it to a reputable shop and get it done right. Cutting corners/saving a few bucks here and there usually ends up costing you more in the long run. Hope you are able to get the tire fixed still, if not...it's an expensive and stressful learning experience....GL, hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction....
Old 09-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bimmer530iguy' post='663167' date='Sep 6 2008, 12:25 AM
I knew Fairfax BMW from years past and it's a shame you had a bad experience with them. But there are others in Northern VA. As an alternative, check the installers on the TireRack site - especially the ones with references and remarks. Good luck getting your tire problem sorted out ... I know how difficult that can be - esp on a Friday night in the rain!
Old 09-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Contributors

OMG I feel like such a dumbass, I can't believe I did this, I never knew that plugging was so bad, I hope I can get this resolved, is it possible to take the plug out, and patch it from the inside. And would I need to rebalance that wheel?
Old 09-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='663177' date='Sep 6 2008, 12:35 AM
I knew Fairfax BMW from years past and it's a shame you had a bad experience with them. But there are others in Northern VA. As an alternative, check the installers on the TireRack site - especially the ones with references and remarks. Good luck getting your tire problem sorted out ... I know how difficult that can be - esp on a Friday night in the rain!
Yea, thanks man, it really sucks none of this was planned, and it ruined my night, especially when it began raining when I was at the shop, man is it a bad day.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bimmer530iguy' post='663161' date='Sep 6 2008, 12:17 AM
money is not the issue for me

It looks like you edited your original post where you complained that one shop wanted $80 and another $40 and you wanted to find a cheaper way of doing it.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bimmer530iguy' post='663182' date='Sep 6 2008, 12:49 AM
OMG I feel like such a dumbass, I can't believe I did this, I never knew that plugging was so bad, I hope I can get this resolved, is it possible to take the plug out, and patch it from the inside. And would I need to rebalance that wheel?
I thought this was common knowledge, that plugging is bad. Even the government knows this (and they know very little). But at least now you know.

Read this http://www.safercar.gov/portal/site/saferc...0002fd17898RCRD

And yes of course this has to be balanced - you are taking it off the wheel, no?

Quick Reply: help!!!Screw stuck in my low pro tires (falkens)