5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Help ! Windows & Sun roof opens while parked (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/help-windows-sun-roof-opens-while-parked-53233/)

Netrax525 04-09-2008 08:53 PM

I said goodbye to my 2005 525i the last week of March when turned it in to my dealership after 3 years of wonderful driving and ownership experience. The only time I brought it in to the dealership was for oil change and brake fluid change. No rattles, no mechanical no electrical problems, almost perfect car.

Last week, I received delivery of my new 2008 528i built February 2008. I had so much fun breaking in the engine and put in 425 miles. But this morning, I was so surprised to see the car in my garage with all four windows rolled down and the sun roof open. I was just wondering what have happened. I always keep the car locked with windows up every time I park my car inside the garage.

Has anybody here experienced this kind of problem ?

luigi524td 04-09-2008 08:57 PM

I sure did - Day one with my '07 530xi.

Figured out that the key fob was in my pocket ... and the unlock button must have been pressed (by loose change, other keys, etc) causing the windows and moonroof to open.

Immediately shopped and bought a leather case for it!

C's Bimmer 04-09-2008 08:57 PM

Where were your keys? If the open button is depressed on your key fob for a certain period of time, the front windows, followed by the rear windows, followed by the sunroof will open. Could the keys have been in your briefcase or pressed against something in your coat that would have allowed this button to get pressed, while not realizing it?

Go back to your car and test this out, if you're not aware of this feature already. Just hold the open button down for at least 5-10 seconds. When you let it go, the windows will stop. If you continue holding, they will open all the way. :thumbsup:

info@trinityautosport 04-09-2008 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='558918' date='Apr 9 2008, 09:57 PM
Where were your keys? If the open button is depressed on your key fob for a certain period of time, the front windows, followed by the rear windows, followed by the sunroof will open. Could the keys have been in your briefcase or pressed against something in your coat that would have allowed this button to get pressed, while not realizing it?

Go back to your car and test this out, if you're not aware of this feature already. Just hold the open button down for at least 5-10 seconds. When you let it go, the windows will stop. If you continue holding, they will open all the way. :thumbsup:

after getting the car almost 3 years ago, this is a feature that took me a while to get :rolleyes:

v8hybrid 04-09-2008 11:13 PM

this happened to me on Sunday afternoon- the car was parked out front, on the drive- luckily, it had stopped snowing :o , and my son's friend had walked past and called to ask "did you know that all the windows on the BMW were open?", otherwise it may have stayed like that overnight, until I left for work!!!

It's definately something they should allow you to disable in iDrive.

I now keep a minimum number of keys in my pocket...

Netrax525 04-12-2008 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='558918' date='Apr 9 2008, 09:57 PM

The keys were in my front pockets, yes I guess the open button was depressed accidentally. Thanks

slickrick 04-12-2008 12:14 AM

It happened to me in my 2002 525i. I was getting a hair cut and when I came out of the barber shop all my windows including my sunroof was open, the only bad thing was it was raining. Oh Boyyyy :doh: It took me half an hour to dry everything but the strange thing was the next day the leather was tight and it smelled like new. :wow: :think: