E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help wanted!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys!
Just come from parking lot and my car refuses to start. First i couldn?t open doors by comfort access, ok then i used key. Pressed the brake pedal and I-drive told me "Battery discharge increased" and no ignition.
After some time (also tried to take power with cables) i-drive showed me that anything is OK and no faults, but car doesn?t start not at all and no ignition also :S and i can?t get gearbox to N also :S
Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Contributors

Sounds very similar to E70 problems I've had over the last 2 weeks. Started off with the "battery discharge" warning, which went away, then a few days later the car would not start and it had to be towed to the dealer. They had it for 6 days and swapped out the fuel injector pump, which didn't fix it, then they swapped out a "main control module" (sorry I don't have the exact, or technical, term) which fixed it.

I expect the inability to move the gear lever is due to the solenoid not moving, which prevents you moving the gears. Do you have an Auto or Manual? If Auto, then you should never move it out of "P" until the engine is started. If you have a Manual - if it's not in "N", but the engine is off, which gear is it stuck in and why? (You should always move to N before switching engine off).
Old 09-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='471629' date='Sep 19 2007, 11:18 PM
Sounds very similar to E70 problems I've had over the last 2 weeks. Started off with the "battery discharge" warning, which went away, then a few days later the car would not start and it had to be towed to the dealer. They had it for 6 days and swapped out the fuel injector pump, which didn't fix it, then they swapped out a "main control module" (sorry I don't have the exact, or technical, term) which fixed it.

I expect the inability to move the gear lever is due to the solenoid not moving, which prevents you moving the gears. Do you have an Auto or Manual? If Auto, then you should never move it out of "P" until the engine is started. If you have a Manual - if it's not in "N", but the engine is off, which gear is it stuck in and why? (You should always move to N before switching engine off).
I have auto. It is possible to move the selector when ignition is on (engine not running), but car refuses to put ignition on. Maybe it is tied with Comfort Access and Start/Stop engine button
Anyway i will try tomorrow to restart the car, but any help or ideas are welcome.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Members

WHAT A CO-Incidence

when i bought my car home from the dealer, 2 weeks or so the same thing happened to me, the car just would NOT start and gears were going in fine but not showing on my dash , the idrive kept saying battery discharge, The car had power but no engine start

i called(while in the car) my local bmw dealer, who had it picked up from my drive way and the same day it was ready to pick up, apparently they changed a solenoid module or something, and since, it has been fine, i recently in may had it remapped, and it has been fine after that too.

I hope you have warranty and get it to a dealer

are you in the notts area of the UK?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

If these cars are not charged by the dealer on a regular basis while they are in inventory the battery will run down. Large dealers are continuously charging their fleets to make sure they are good to go when they are sold. You might want to consider a battery charger if you are away from your car for prolonged periods , ie 3weeks +

Cheers
Old 09-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Teet' post='471640' date='Sep 19 2007, 11:26 PM
I have auto. It is possible to move the selector when ignition is on (engine not running), but car refuses to put ignition on. Maybe it is tied with Comfort Access and Start/Stop engine button
Anyway i will try tomorrow to restart the car, but any help or ideas are welcome.
No in Estonia
Old 09-20-2007, 04:36 AM
Members

I unplugged battery for about 15-20 minutes and charged battery and now it seems that everything is all right