E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help! in St. Louis.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530i Sport Pkg Black Sapphire Metallic/Gray Leather

Hey there - I'm new to this board, but looks like a great community/forum/resource.

Here's my car:
2006 BMW 530i
Black Sapphire/Gray Interior
Sport Package

Of course, I really LOVE the look of the M5 Aero bodywork - the front end and side skirts are much better looking than my stock. So, I have a couple of questions:

1. Looking on Bavarian Auto's website, I can get either the original BMW parts, or the Bavarian Auto parts (looks the same, a little less expensive). Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket body panels?
2. In the St. Louis area, can anyone recommend a paint/body shop that does good work? I'm willing to pay a fair price - I don't need to go to the absolute cheapest place (that usually gets you in trouble in the long run - "you get what you pay for")
3. I am contemplating the FRONT (re-use my existing factory fog lights), and the SIDE skirts only. I thought that I'd leave the rear alone. Any opinions on this?
4. Also looking to upgrade the Angel Eyes (parking lights) and Fog Lights to a brighter, whiter light to more closely match the Xenons. Any input here would be helpful too - I am aware that the color temp should be approx 4200K to closely match my Xenons.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

(looking forward to posting pics when I get it done, just in time for Spring weather!)
Old 02-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

For the front and sides you can get a better deal if you contact Trinity Autosport (members here: Nerweezy and TrinityAutosport) - they have been great vendors here for a long time. They can help you out. Sorry, I don't know of any body shops in your area.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

I chose the OEM M-Tech kit to avoid fitment issue and for the 100% OEM look. The kit was installed by a local shop. It was a job done with the help of insurance funds (someone backed into my car in a parking lot - his fault). If I have to pay with my own money, I recommend:

Dean Heidke
Your Place or Mine, mobile automotive reconditioning
314-402-0170

He does minor body repair at lower than shop rates and is usually busy with dealership work. He regularly remove body pieces for repair and repainting, so removing and installing these body pieces is a piece of cake for him.

The OEM front requires different fog light assemblies. Non-OEM fronts allow the reuse of the stock fog light assembly.

I also installed the LED AEs and LED interior from Motorcepts and perform coding.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
For the front and sides you can get a better deal if you contact Trinity Autosport (members here: Nerweezy and TrinityAutosport) - they have been great vendors here for a long time. They can help you out. Sorry, I don't know of any body shops in your area.

Thanks for the tip regarding Trinity - jumped on their site real quick and found a MUCH less expensive alternative for the front bumper and side skirts (I'm considering keeping the stock rear bumper). I'll call them, talk to them...this may be the way to go to save quite a bit. Some folks prefer the OEM parts from BMW but the cost...sheesh. Also these parts will allow me to keep my stock fog lights, whereas the Bimmer OEM requires new fog assemblies (more cost).

If this were a newer car w/ less mileage, I'd go for the OEM. But I've got miles on this baby....so I'd just as soon keep the cost reasonable.

I really wish I looked into this years ago....I've been driving around admiring the "M" look, and I really should have done it sooner. Oh well - my car will get a fresh look for Spring!
Old 02-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by vkhong
I chose the OEM M-Tech kit to avoid fitment issue and for the 100% OEM look. The kit was installed by a local shop. It was a job done with the help of insurance funds (someone backed into my car in a parking lot - his fault). If I have to pay with my own money, I recommend:

Dean Heidke
Your Place or Mine, mobile automotive reconditioning
314-402-0170

He does minor body repair at lower than shop rates and is usually busy with dealership work. He regularly remove body pieces for repair and repainting, so removing and installing these body pieces is a piece of cake for him.

The OEM front requires different fog light assemblies. Non-OEM fronts allow the reuse of the stock fog light assembly.

I also installed the LED AEs and LED interior from Motorcepts and perform coding.
Thanks vkhong. I actually saw your profile earlier and was hoping you'd reply, as it looks like your here in STL as well.

Nice car - is that color Space Gray? When I got mine it was either that or black - I love the black but tough to keep clean - spend a lot on car washes ;-)

Also, I'm glad to see the great pics of your car as you have the same stock sport pkg rims that I do, so now I have an idea of how they'll look w/ the M body work.

I'll give Dean Heidke a call and talk to him - thx again!

Oh, also, what is an "AE" light? not sure what you're referring to...
Old 02-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

Angel Eye or Corona Ring light.

My color is Silver Gray.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:16 AM
Members

Ah yes - AE=Angel Eye

Yeah, I plan on upgrading the AE and fogs to a temp of around 4200k, which should closely match the Xenons.

Did you say you have a performance chip for your engine? I've noticed a few online, around $1,000. Do they work well - add torque, hp? Noticeable difference? Should it be paired with a free-flow air intake?
Old 02-14-2012, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Umnitza is another source that advertises on this site you could look at. For the most part any of the replica kits are coming out of China anyway and probably from the same source. So consider past customer service and total cost including the shipping when you make your decision.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by gomupack
Should it be paired with a free-flow air intake?
You might want to consider an RPI scoop rather than an intake. A search will probably yield some reviews.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by gomupack
Hey there - I'm new to this board, but looks like a great community/forum/resource.

Here's my car:
2006 BMW 530i
Black Sapphire/Gray Interior
Sport Package

Of course, I really LOVE the look of the M5 Aero bodywork - the front end and side skirts are much better looking than my stock. So, I have a couple of questions:

1. Looking on Bavarian Auto's website, I can get either the original BMW parts, or the Bavarian Auto parts (looks the same, a little less expensive). Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket body panels?
2. In the St. Louis area, can anyone recommend a paint/body shop that does good work? I'm willing to pay a fair price - I don't need to go to the absolute cheapest place (that usually gets you in trouble in the long run - "you get what you pay for")
3. I am contemplating the FRONT (re-use my existing factory fog lights), and the SIDE skirts only. I thought that I'd leave the rear alone. Any opinions on this?
4. Also looking to upgrade the Angel Eyes (parking lights) and Fog Lights to a brighter, whiter light to more closely match the Xenons. Any input here would be helpful too - I am aware that the color temp should be approx 4200K to closely match my Xenons.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

(looking forward to posting pics when I get it done, just in time for Spring weather!)
1) BAVAuto sells the same reps everyone else does AND factory parts. We offer the same replica parts that fit great for dramatically lower prices starting at $800 shipped. We have a NEW shipment arriving today of a lot of bumpers, over 80 ft of containers worth. Over 500 bumpers.

2) We recommend BimmersRUs, they can then guide you to shops they recommend. they are a great place to work with. Ask for GREG and tell him Umnitza sent you.

3) Most of our customer opt for the whole package with the Mtech rear, that way you don't have to get a new exhaust. that package runs $850 shipped.

4) We offer that package with your bumper package for only $95 + $129 for the best and brightest plug and play option.

It's a "sales pitch" reply, but we really do offer the best combination of product and service and value all rolled into one.

Give us a call --- well after today since the containers are dropping and it's all hands on deck today

Quick Reply: Help! in St. Louis.....