E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 04:17 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (2007) E60 - 520d Msport - Carbon Black,Black Dakota Leather, Carbon Fibre Trim, Business Nav, Bluetooth with telematics, Heated Seats, Parking Sensors Fr/Rr

Hi all,

already introduced myself in the New Members area.

Okay I am due to collect my 520d Msport next week, I have a few questions that if possible - another member could advise on:

* Alloys - What can I fit in 19" size to the car (OEM BMW or Aftermarket) ?

* CD Changer - I have purchased an OEM 6CD Changer to fit in the GBox - Will the car need programming when I retrofit?

* Exhaust Trim - during browsing I noticed that other Members had located and purchased an aftermarket trim to fit over the naff oem exhaust outlet. Where can I get one of these and how much?

* Boot Spoiler - Apart from a dealer - where can I buy the rear boot spoiler that is a factory option?

Any Help/ Advice much appreciated.

Regards, Matt
Old 11-29-2007, 04:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MSportMatt' post='500536' date='Nov 29 2007, 03:17 PM
Hi all,

Okay I am due to collect my 520d Msport next week, I have a few questions that if possible - another member could advise on:

* CD Changer - I have purchased an OEM 6CD Changer to fit in the GBox - Will the car need programming when I retrofit?

* Exhaust Trim - during browsing I noticed that other Members had located and purchased an aftermarket trim to fit over the naff oem exhaust outlet. Where can I get one of these and how much?

* Boot Spoiler - Apart from a dealer - where can I buy the rear boot spoiler that is a factory option?

Regards, Matt
Welcome.

The 19" 172M wheels come in 8.5J front, and 9.5J rear. Much cheaper to specify when ordering the car. These are about ?2,200 as a retro fit (inc tyres).

18" Star spoke style 124 are 8J and 9J.

I read a thread on the CD changer and I think you will have to have it programmed. Best check with your dealer.

If your car is a new 520d it should come with an exhaust trim which I am pretty sure was added from Sept onwards.

The only place you can buy the boot spoiler is from a dealer unless you want to go for a non-standard part. In my opinion the car looks better without the spoiler anyway - your choice.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Old 11-29-2007, 04:47 AM
Members

My Ride: (2007) E60 - 520d Msport - Carbon Black,Black Dakota Leather, Carbon Fibre Trim, Business Nav, Bluetooth with telematics, Heated Seats, Parking Sensors Fr/Rr

Originally Posted by 525d MSport' post='500538' date='Nov 29 2007, 08:28 AM
Welcome.

The 19" 172M wheels come in 8.5J front, and 9.5J rear. Much cheaper to specify when ordering the car. These are about ?2,200 as a retro fit (inc tyres).

18" Star spoke style 124 are 8J and 9J.

I read a thread on the CD changer and I think you will have to have it programmed. Best check with your dealer.

If your car is a new 520d it should come with an exhaust trim which I am pretty sure was added from Sept onwards.

The only place you can buy the boot spoiler is from a dealer unless you want to go for a non-standard part. In my opinion the car looks better without the spoiler anyway - your choice.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hi -

Thanks for that. Sorry I didnt explain the whole scenario. The Car is Used (07) Registered 1/3/07.

So it does not have the Trim or the revised bits. Also it has the standard 18" Wheels.

Another question then - How much will a dealer charge me to program the changer? If its excessive - The ipod may be used instead.

Cheers, Matt
Old 11-29-2007, 04:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Alloy:
For 172M: 245/35/19 front, 275/30/19 Rear ,and you can order it from quad_m (Member of this forum) which i paid 1100GBP inc shipping from US and u will need another 500GBP for tyres, so 1600GBP which is cheaper than dealer.

Boot spoiler:
Try look on the Ebay as i remember a guy from Germany selling the genuine BMW boot spoiler for around 130pounds (Not sure how much it will cost from dealer)

Here enclosed the link:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E60-5-series-Saloon-M-Tech-OEM-rear-spoiler-lip_W0QQitemZ250190316353QQihZ015QQcategoryZ72209QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-29-2007, 05:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 550i 2007 M-Kit installed- 367 BHP Sapphire black, comfort seats, comfort access, HUD, Professional Nav, Logic 7.

Originally Posted by MSportMatt' post='500536' date='Nov 29 2007, 04:17 PM
Hi all,

Regards, Matt
Hi Matt

I guess I would choose the 166M ( the alloys that come standard on the M5) I personally like them better than the 172M. But you have to be careful when you choose the wheel size as the M5 size might cause you some headache. To be on the safe side get the 245/35/19 front, 275/30/19 rear.

* CD changer you would better check with the dealer.

* Boot spoiler lip- buy the OEM as it is not expensive (200 to 300 USD)