E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help me find this part... plz

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 03:22 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i - no mods. Pretty basic really. I mean it has tires, windows, and a sweet look, what more could a man want? Honestly, I'd like to improve the sound system mildly, and possibly find a worthy engine mod that would increase my BHP by 100 without giving an arm and a leg for. I don't think it's out there, so I'll stay stock and love driving my 530i.

I've had a leaking windshield wiper reservoir tank for a few months now and decided I should remedy this problem. Last night I removed the driver side front wheel, and removed enough screws that hold all the paneling up to access the reservoir. Ok now I'm where I need to be and I can access the tank and see exactly where leak is as it was still leaking fluid. Basically there is two pumps. Off each pump is rubber hose. I'm guessing the larger pump (located to the most left) is the windshield pump, and the smaller for the headlamps. Off the smaller pump (most right) there is a hard rubber female/male elbow. The female side of the elbow leads to the pump, and the male side of the elbow to the hose. The area of the elbow is where the leaking is occurring, and I'm pretty sure replacing the elbow will stop the leak. The problem is I can't find the elbow anywhere online, and honestly don't know what I should be calling it to ask the dealer. Anyone have a schematic of these parts?

-Jay
Old 10-26-2010, 03:30 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BimmerJay
I've had a leaking windshield wiper reservoir tank for a few months now and decided I should remedy this problem. Last night I removed the driver side front wheel, and removed enough screws that hold all the paneling up to access the reservoir. Ok now I'm where I need to be and I can access the tank and see exactly where leak is as it was still leaking fluid. Basically there is two pumps. Off each pump is rubber hose. I'm guessing the larger pump (located to the most left) is the windshield pump, and the smaller for the headlamps. Off the smaller pump (most right) there is a hard rubber female/male elbow. The female side of the elbow leads to the pump, and the male side of the elbow to the hose. The area of the elbow is where the leaking is occurring, and I'm pretty sure replacing the elbow will stop the leak. The problem is I can't find the elbow anywhere online, and honestly don't know what I should be calling it to ask the dealer. Anyone have a schematic of these parts?

-Jay
try realoem.com just put in the last 7 digits of your VIN and browse by diagrams
Old 10-26-2010, 03:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i - no mods. Pretty basic really. I mean it has tires, windows, and a sweet look, what more could a man want? Honestly, I'd like to improve the sound system mildly, and possibly find a worthy engine mod that would increase my BHP by 100 without giving an arm and a leg for. I don't think it's out there, so I'll stay stock and love driving my 530i.

Originally Posted by jay77
try realoem.com just put in the last 7 digits of your VIN and browse by diagrams
Thanks! I'll do that later today.

-Jay

Old 02-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

I have the exact problem. The elbow does not seem to be available separately from the hose and comes as part of the hose. By the way, you're referring to the windshield washer pump. The larger pump is the headlight washer pump.

I'm not sure if a new pump will fix the problem, since the leak is at the elbow. What was your fix?