E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help me decide

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All

Just about to finalise my order for a 535dSE LCI model.

Paintwork will be Monaco blue and my default choice for the leather sports seats is black but what do think about the new dark blue or natural brown two tone interiors???

Trim will be black hi gloss.

I saw a 3 series coupe in Space Grey with Saddle Brown Dakota leather today and thought it looked great.... may order this colour combo for my wife.

Thanks in anticipation

Simon
Old 03-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

I really like the look of the Natural Brown on the car configurator, but not seen it in real life.
As for the Blue-Black combo, I really can't see that working well together.
The Light Cream could also be a good combo with your Monaco Blue exterior.

p.s. nice engine choice!
Old 03-14-2007, 11:11 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Originally Posted by speuk' post='402662' date='Mar 14 2007, 04:38 PM
Hi All

Just about to finalise my order for a 535dSE LCI model.

Paintwork will be Monaco blue and my default choice for the leather sports seats is black but what do think about the new dark blue or natural brown two tone interiors???

Trim will be black hi gloss.

I saw a 3 series coupe in Space Grey with Saddle Brown Dakota leather today and thought it looked great.... may order this colour combo for my wife.

Thanks in anticipation

Simon
I like light cream with M Blue, if you can keep it clean!!

Otherwise Black is ageless and easy clean
Old 03-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Senior Members

Call me colour blind but I can't see any kind of cream or brown "going with" blue.

The beauty of colour choice is that it's a personal thing and you only have to please yourself (if selling it later isn't an issue...)

ABC
Old 03-14-2007, 11:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='402732' date='Mar 14 2007, 08:15 PM
Call me colour blind but I can't see any kind of cream or brown "going with" blue.

The beauty of colour choice is that it's a personal thing and you only have to please yourself (if selling it later isn't an issue...)

ABC
...ok, "you're colour blind"
Old 03-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Members

My Ride: '12 BMW 520d Touring

In my opinion, you could either go for the sporty version (with the black leather, have seen it more often with dark blue shades, looks nice) or take the classic version with the beige leather.

But in the end, if you like it you could even get purple or pink with BMW Individual, as long as it suits your taste (which is the most important!).
Old 03-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='402742' date='Mar 14 2007, 07:28 PM
...ok, "you're colour blind"
Now that IS a personal "thing"... (actually I am, like a higher percentage of the male population (when compared with females)), slightly colour blind. Notice it's passed on by women so they can complain about our "taste"...

http://menshealth.about.com/od/geneticcond...color_blind.htm

ABC
Old 03-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='402750' date='Mar 14 2007, 08:38 PM
Now that IS a personal "thing"... (actually I am, like a higher percentage of the male population (when compared with females)), slightly colour blind. Notice it's passed on by women so they can complain about our "taste"...

http://menshealth.about.com/od/geneticcond...color_blind.htm

ABC
...we simply don't stand chance!
Old 03-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='402727' date='Mar 14 2007, 02:07 PM
I really like the look of the Natural Brown on the car configurator, but not seen it in real life.
As for the Blue-Black combo, I really can't see that working well together.
The Light Cream could also be a good combo with your Monaco Blue exterior.

p.s. nice engine choice!
diddo
Old 03-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BMWskipper' post='402749' date='Mar 14 2007, 07:34 PM
as long as it suits your taste (which is the most important!).
this is the key to this question - what's one man's (or woman's) meat is another man's (or woman's) poison.

Personally I like a contast between the interior & exterior colours. My last car was a very pale blue metallic exterior with a black leather interior & chrome trim.

For my 530d M-Sport due in 3-4 weeks I've gone for Carbon black with cream beige leather & bamboo anthracite wood trim. The cream leather might be a tough job to keep clean but 9 times out of 10 I'm the only person in the car, plus I have a compulsive, obsessive disorder when it comes to cleaning cars.

My supplying dealer currently have 2 individual specced E60's in stock both in this fabulous 'electric' blue exterior colour but with a dark blue leather. I adore the paint colour but the leather would put me off.

If you want low maintenance then go for a dark colour (black), ideally with a light exterior (alpine, space or titanium). I think the natural brown with black carpets might be a good combo with either black or a light metallic paint but I have reservations that brown could be a very 'now' colour.

It's always going to be a gamble when you've not seen the colour combo in the flesh (so to speak) - I myself changed from bamboo to light poplar and back to bamboo for the interior wood trim. Given the following photo I'm happy with my choice - but each to their own. I wouldn't knock anyone for choosing any combination. It's so very personal. Just my 2 penneth worth.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
e60lciint.bmp (1.12 MB, 93 views)

Quick Reply: Help me decide