E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help... key remote/fob issue question

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 04:48 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 550I BLK
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N62
Default Help... key remote/fob issue question

I have a 07 550i and for the past 4 days my key remote doesn't arm and disarm the car with ease like it use to and i have to keep pushing the arm and disarm accordingly. So i was thinking i need new batteries so i took both remotes to the dealership and got new batteries and im still having the same issue. Can someone shed s aome light on this or is anyone else having this issue.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Why on earth go to the dealer to switch batteries in a remote control? Snap off the back, switch battery, snap it back on.

Since both remotes have poor reception you probably are having a problem with the diversity antenna or diversity amplifier (whatever it is called).

Search on those terms and you will find information on how to buy one and install it.

Mine has recently done the same thing so I will be replacing mine eventually.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:33 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 550I BLK
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Why on earth go to the dealer to switch batteries in a remote control? Snap off the back, switch battery, snap it back on.

Since both remotes have poor reception you probably are having a problem with the diversity antenna or diversity amplifier (whatever it is called).

Search on those terms and you will find information on how to buy one and install it.

Mine has recently done the same thing so I will be replacing mine eventually.

Thanks im going to check that out