E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

help! euro-delivery, can't get factory tour :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2001 Z3 3.0, Sports Package, Winter Package, 5-SpeedHard Top [built: pick up in Munich on 5.17.06] ED 2007 550i 6-speed (sapphire black/black dakota leather): sports package; active stearing, hud/nav, logic 7, cold weather package, rear heated seats, rear folding seat, power shades, comfort access, sat radio

Finally, it's just a few weeks before I leave for ED trip (leave 5.10 -- delivery 5.17). I'll be gettin an '07 metallic black/black 550i 6-speed with sports package (now with comfort seats standard), active stearing, nav/hud, pro-logic 7, sports package, winter package, fold down rear seat, rear heated seats, power shades, comfort access (I think that's all). For the longest time I was going to go Priority 1 to get the actively ventilated front seats put it was proving to be a pain in the ass so I punted on it. Additionally, while active cruise control appeals to me; I ultimately decided I couldn't justify the cost.

NOW: Here's the problem. I just went on to the web to try and book my factory tour for the time that I'll be in Munich (from the morning of 5.17 to the afternoon of 5.21), and the web-page told me that there were no tour slots available !!! I am super bummed. I have called and left a message with the woman whose phone number is provided in the eurodelivery materials. I wonder if anyone here has any insights or contacts. Someone I can bring a bottle of wine for and meet up with in Germany to arrange a tour, or something? It will really be dissapointing to not be able to do the factory tour -- though I'm sure in the end the 4 week whirlwind trip will overshadow this small possible dissapointment.

Any help or pointers?

Cheers.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by kfarouki' post='275570' date='Apr 29 2006, 03:11 AM
Finally, it's just a few weeks before I leave for ED trip (leave 5.10 -- delivery 5.17). I'll be gettin an '07 metallic black/black 550i 6-speed with sports package (now with comfort seats standard), active stearing, nav/hud, pro-logic 7, sports package, winter package, fold down rear seat, rear heated seats, power shades, comfort access (I think that's all). For the longest time I was going to go Priority 1 to get the actively ventilated front seats put it was proving to be a pain in the ass so I punted on it. Additionally, while active cruise control appeals to me; I ultimately decided I couldn't justify the cost.

NOW: Here's the problem. I just went on to the web to try and book my factory tour for the time that I'll be in Munich (from the morning of 5.17 to the afternoon of 5.21), and the web-page told me that there were no tour slots available !!! I am super bummed. I have called and left a message with the woman whose phone number is provided in the eurodelivery materials. I wonder if anyone here has any insights or contacts. Someone I can bring a bottle of wine for and meet up with in Germany to arrange a tour, or something? It will really be dissapointing to not be able to do the factory tour -- though I'm sure in the end the 4 week whirlwind trip will overshadow this small possible dissapointment.

Any help or pointers?

Cheers.
It realy sounds like your getting a great car. Just about all the same options I got on my 05 530i I'm sure you will enjoy them as much as I enjoy mine. I'll be in Munich to pick up a X3 on the 18th of May and as far as I know there will not be any factory tours during that time frame. You can check on www.bimmerfest.com and scroll down to European Delivery and you should get all the information you need plus any thing else you might want to know.Enjoy your car the ED trip and above all the Autobahn.Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 04-29-2006, 06:33 AM
Senior Members

Take a look here.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:59 AM
Members

I picked up our car last July and instead of taking the tour in Munich, I signed up for the tour in Dingolfing - where the 5, 6, and 7 series are manufactured. It took us a little over an hour to get there on the Autobahn.

It is a very impressive and massive facility -- definitely worth the drive.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2001 Z3 3.0, Sports Package, Winter Package, 5-SpeedHard Top [built: pick up in Munich on 5.17.06] ED 2007 550i 6-speed (sapphire black/black dakota leather): sports package; active stearing, hud/nav, logic 7, cold weather package, rear heated seats, rear folding seat, power shades, comfort access, sat radio

Originally Posted by dgdoc' post='275674' date='Apr 29 2006, 07:59 AM
I picked up our car last July and instead of taking the tour in Munich, I signed up for the tour in Dingolfing - where the 5, 6, and 7 series are manufactured. It took us a little over an hour to get there on the Autobahn.

It is a very impressive and massive facility -- definitely worth the drive.

This is a great tip, thanks. I will see now if there is a tour available at Dingolfing facility. I hadn't realized that the 5-series wasn't being built in Munchen -- I guess I knew this but didn't put 2 and 2 together. Hell, I'm going on this drip to drive, so the trip to Dingolfing (assuming I can get in a tour there) is actually a plus! I'll report back with an update.

Cheers!
Old 04-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by vern' post='275659' date='Apr 29 2006, 06:57 AM
It realy sounds like your getting a great car. Just about all the same options I got on my 05 530i I'm sure you will enjoy them as much as I enjoy mine. I'll be in Munich to pick up a X3 on the 18th of May and as far as I know there will not be any factory tours during that time frame. You can check on www.bimmerfest.com and scroll down to European Delivery and you should get all the information you need plus any thing else you might want to know.Enjoy your car the ED trip and above all the Autobahn.Good luck
cheers
vern

Hey man, delivery of my 550i is also scheduled for the 18th of May. If you are the drinking type, perhaps you [and any family/friends coming with you] would care to join my girlfriend and I for a Liter of beer to celebrate the new cars.... PM me if interested.

Congratulations on your new X3!
Old 04-29-2006, 10:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by paasan' post='275664' date='Apr 29 2006, 07:33 AM
Take a look here.

Perfect, this link was very valuable. Combined with the tip about the Dingolfing plant [below] I navigated my way over to the Dingolfing plants web-page and filled out a request for a tour. It is interesting to note that the way you request a tour at Dingolfing (fill out a webform and it sends an email; wait for a human to respond) is different than Munich where you fill out a form and get the bad news algorithmically on the spot.

I am *very* hopeful that I'm able to take this tour.

Old 04-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Nice, I think it will be a great experience to go to Dingolfing!
Old 04-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

All your ED questions can be answered on the ED forum on bimmerfest...

But to help you out with Dingolfing tours -

Klaus-Henning Hoffmann
Klaus-Hen.Hoffmann@bmw.de
Tel / Phone: ++49-(0)8731-76-27597
Fax: ++49-(0)8731-76-22382
www.bmw-werk-dingolfing.de

I would just give him a call directly instead of e-mailing him. If you e-mail him, make sure to give the following info:
- full name and address
- number of participants (no children aged under 14 years)
- Phone and Fax-number to get the invitation letter and general information incl. a little map how to approach to the Dingolfing Plant
Old 04-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by kfarouki' post='275722' date='Apr 29 2006, 01:57 PM
Hey man, delivery of my 550i is also scheduled for the 18th of May. If you are the drinking type, perhaps you [and any family/friends coming with you] would care to join my girlfriend and I for a Liter of beer to celebrate the new cars.... PM me if interested.

Congratulations on your new X3!
Go over to www.bimmerfest.com and get on there members list. Go to Ed forum and get on the going to Munich list.There are a few guys picking up there cars on the 18th.Maybe we can work something out.
cheers
vern

Quick Reply: help! euro-delivery, can't get factory tour :(