E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help - adjusting PDC volume? (LCI)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i remember, when I was reading my manual that PDC volume can be adjusted in iDrive if you have HiFi System. I don't have it so.......
You might want to look somewhere in iDrive settings near the equalizer menu.

I could be wrong
Old 11-07-2007, 03:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: All on order and should be here by 28th September 2007

Originally Posted by envoytheguy' post='491109' date='Nov 7 2007, 06:56 AM
i remember, when I was reading my manual that PDC volume can be adjusted in iDrive if you have HiFi System. I don't have it so.......
You might want to look somewhere in iDrive settings near the equalizer menu.

I could be wrong

I Have the hifi system, but I cannot find this option. I am sure it was there before the problems with my IDrive.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by idgam' post='491149' date='Nov 7 2007, 01:00 PM
I Have the hifi system, but I cannot find this option. I am sure it was there before the problems with my IDrive.

Never had that option notwithstanding Hi-Fi, but Nav Pro too.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d SE Jet black / anthracite Advanced air con Sun protection glass USB Style 244 wheels

Adjusting the PDC beep volume can be done.

Reverse up to something (using pdc preferably!), until it starts to beep. Stop, switch pdc off. Then mute radio, switch pdc back on and adjust using the volume knob on the radio. This changes the volume of the beep.

On my car the volume did not adjust using the steering wheel controls (only by using the radio volume), and oddly it could not be adjusted when the pdc front sensors were active (only those on the rear).

For information, I have no nav and standard radio, so cannot comment if different options make a difference or not.

LM
Old 11-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Lord Monkey' post='491221' date='Nov 7 2007, 05:36 PM
Adjusting the PDC beep volume can be done.

Reverse up to something (using pdc preferably!), until it starts to beep. Stop, switch pdc off. Then mute radio, switch pdc back on and adjust using the volume knob on the radio. This changes the volume of the beep.

On my car the volume did not adjust using the steering wheel controls (only by using the radio volume), and oddly it could not be adjusted when the pdc front sensors were active (only those on the rear).

For information, I have no nav and standard radio, so cannot comment if different options make a difference or not.

LM
Great, I wasn't making it up then!

Old 11-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d Black & SL350

Originally Posted by dawi' post='490981' date='Nov 7 2007, 12:11 AM
Do you have an LCI. This does work on my 2006 pre-LCI. Thinking about it though I use the volume controls on the steering wheel to reduce/ increase the traffic broadcast volume. Don't know whether it makes a difference using the actual rotary knob on the unit itself.
Yes, it's an LCI.

The manual says to adjust the traffic announcement volume using the knob and it does work but it also reduces the volume of the station you are listening to. It seems that the crappy local radio stations used for traffic announcements broadcast at a higher volume level than the national station I usually listen to.

I have the professional radio and professional satnav.

I did try to turn off these announcements while I am just commuting work but I cocked it up so I'll have to have another attempt...

Regards

Martin
Old 11-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Contributors

Just to confirm, I spent 20 minutes with my LCI (with Nav) and could _not_ adjust the PDC volume. Tried with engine on and off, in and out of gear, automatically and manually selecting PDC, Radio mute on / off, enabling and disabling then re-enabling PDC, etc etc and all combinations of the above. Shame ... I will have to ask the dealer if they can adjust it next time it's in for something.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:05 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d SE Jet black / anthracite Advanced air con Sun protection glass USB Style 244 wheels

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='491352' date='Nov 7 2007, 10:06 PM
Just to confirm, I spent 20 minutes with my LCI (with Nav) and could _not_ adjust the PDC volume. Tried with engine on and off, in and out of gear, automatically and manually selecting PDC, Radio mute on / off, enabling and disabling then re-enabling PDC, etc etc and all combinations of the above. Shame ... I will have to ask the dealer if they can adjust it next time it's in for something.
Hi Russ, just wondered whether you had the rear or front sensors working when you tried to adjust the volume? For some reason my car would only allow me to change it with the rear sensors. But maybe you having nav removes this function?

LM
Old 11-08-2007, 04:40 AM
Contributors

I tried both... it looks like having nav (and therefore the different iDrive/CCC module) is what makes the difference.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Contributors

Tried everything suggested above on my pre-LCI E60 with NAV Pro and Pro Radio and it does not work either. I have Progman version 26.XX

Quick Reply: Help - adjusting PDC volume? (LCI)