E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530I

Hey everyone.

I woke up this morning with a dead car battery. I haven't drove the car for about a month. I try jump starting and I heard a click with all the lights and stuff on but still didn't start. Do I need a new battery. ???? Od did I jump start the car wrong. I don't think there's a wrong way of doing that is there???

I was planning on washing and giving my car a full detail but now that this happened I'm stuck....

I hope i don't have to replace the battery..

Thanks everyone...
Old 03-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Probably not jump starting correctly.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 03-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Probably not jump starting correctly.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Hey MiC

Thanks for hooking me up with the brakes...

As far as the battery... There's all these lights on with out the key in the engine.. Is there somethingnwrong here... ?? Did the car go into a lock mode or something.. Since I it's running with computers, did it think that someone is trying to steal it and it did a lock mode?? I don't know ...
Old 03-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

If you had several quick starts prior to not driving it this can cause a pretty good drain on the battery that would not get replenished while sitting there. Also, if you left your key inside near the the column you may not have gone in sleep mode which then causes a drain. Other than the obvious like something left on... My battery drained down so far it wouldn't open the trunk or turn on any lights but i had left my detector on that was wired directly to the hot wire with a switch but forgot to turn it off. I just placed my charger on it for several hours and everything has been ok since. I actually charged the battery through the engine compartment just like you would jump the car.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

When u r jumping the car, try jumping DIRECTLY from the battery it all fails. The positive cable to SUPER long. Almost the length of the car. Or when u jump from the hood, make sure you get AS MUCH contact from the jumper cable as possible. Make sure it's directly ALL the way down connected to the positive for the jumper cable/box.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
When u r jumping the car, try jumping DIRECTLY from the battery it all fails. The positive cable to SUPER long. Almost the length of the car. Or when u jump from the hood, make sure you get AS MUCH contact from the jumper cable as possible. Make sure it's directly ALL the way down connected to the positive for the jumper cable/box.

Thanks John

The info you gave me help... I just took apart my trunk and jump start it directly to the battery and it started right up... its weird because on my cousins 550i, he had the same problem and i help him jump it from the front and it started.. but i guess i probably did something wrong...

Thanks again everyone...
Old 03-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 LCI 535i sport M5 umnitza full kit, Maya RM 1 245/35/20 20x9 et16, 275/30/20 20x10.5 et17, Future mods- KW coilovers V3 and StopTech brake

Glad that it was resolved simply vs costly.