E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hello from Madrid

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 01:38 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 530d
Default Hello from Madrid

Hello All,

After 17 years enjoying my A6 2.5TDI (300.000 kms without significant issues) I own a '04 530d bought from a reputable seller (my brother), otherwise I'd be against buying such an old car. It is in really good shape (see pics taken before some minor body and paint touch-ups). After driving 6,000 km during the summer, I can confirm that is the most exciting car I've ever driven.

The only warning I see is the yellow light on the console and the nasty gong that reports an error in the active direction. I know this is a recurring fail on the e60, but what strikes me is that the error always comes after 13 minutes and 15 seconds after starting the engine. In those thirteen minutes, the active steering is working correctly, until it reaches the annoying message, allways at 13'15". Then the direction hardens slightly and maneuvered noise appears when parking. Not a big deal, except for the warning light and sound.

After searching google for more than two months in all specialized forums, I've tried all the standard remedies (recalibrated steering wheel, wheel centering, disconnecting IBS from battery, check battery amperage -110Amp- through NCS Expert ...) without success.

Has anyone experienced something similar?
Thank you
Attached Thumbnails Hello from Madrid-cam00103.jpg   Hello from Madrid-cam00102.jpg   Hello from Madrid-cam00099.jpg