E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hello and Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Black on Black 545i Auto, Sport, NAV, Sirius, Cold Weather Wifey drives an X5 4.4 with Sport

Hello. I'm new here, a couldn't be more happy to have found such a great community!

If this issue has been posted elsewhere, I couldn't find it. Sorry.

On to my issue. I have a 545i with an automatic. If I perform what's called a rolling stop (where you slow down almost, but don't quite stop) and them reapply the accelerator, SOMETIMES I can hear the engine whirr but nothing happens until...BAM the tranny kicks in and the car lurches forward. It feels as if someone just rear ended me!. I actually got out of my car to see if the car behind me hit me the first time it happened!
In talking with my dealer, there is this problem with all 4.4's with autos. Can anyone confirm this problem?
I'm beginning to believe my dealer, as my wifes X5 does the same thing!

I could not love a car more, but this issue changes how I drive. A car of this stature should not be doing this.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

oh boy, you should do a search here on the forum. This is a very hot topic called something like transmition slam. It happens mostly on 545i step and can be solved just by CIP (software) reload. Quiet many people had this problem too.
I belive there is also a copy of an oficial BMW letter covering this issue here on the forum somewhere. Just do the search my friend.
Hope this helps
Old 12-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Members

My Ride: Black on Black 545i Auto, Sport, NAV, Sirius, Cold Weather Wifey drives an X5 4.4 with Sport

Thanks for the help Peter. I called my dealership.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:42 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Captain,

Please look into software fix here and ask dealer to update sw on your car.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=20118
Old 12-31-2005, 08:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

I got this fixed by upgrading to 19.x