E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hello all

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Definately a lemon.

Welcome aboard!

We have a meeting October 9, noon - check out the other thread for details. Hope to see you there!
Old 09-21-2004, 07:42 AM
JDN
Contributors

Engine lights, seatbelt lights, emission lights, and iDrive freezes do not a lemon make. Those are all worrisome issues that can be corrected.

Squealing brakes is a warranty issue. The brakes are defective, not worn. If worn, it would not be covered by the maintenance agreement, but worn is not the issue -- squealing is the issue. Hence, squealing brakes on a Bimmer with OEM pads, disks, and calipers is a defect.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:58 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait a minute! Worn pads are not cover during maintenance period. I don't think so. Here is what from BMWUSA website under Full Maintenance page:

As part of BMW's complete commitment to your driving pleasure, we include Full Maintenance on every new BMW purchased from any authorized BMW center in the U.S. or Puerto Rico. The BMW Full Maintenance program provides superior service by expert technicians at all authorized BMW centers in the U.S. or Puerto Rico for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Full Maintenance includes items that need replacement due to normal wear and tear, provided wear and tear exceeds BMW specifications. This includes items such as brake pads, brake rotors, and wiper blades that are not covered by the original New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Any adjustments required due to normal operating conditions are also included. For exclusions and limitations, refer to the Service and Warranty Information booklet that came with your new BMW or see your authorized BMW center for details.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:58 AM
JDN
Contributors

Earlier in the thread, tool said dealer said his pads were not covered under warranty. Doesn't matter one way or the other as far as whether tool has a lemon or not. Looks like tool has a lemon dealer rather than a lemon car, IMO.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

JDN is right, Toolfan is in Germany, where they don't have the all encompassing warranty that we have here in the US. We get brake wear covered for 4 years, they don't. If they are defective, they are covered, if it is normal wear and tear (which I doubt on a car this young), then not covered.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:17 PM
Contributors

That is horrible. I hope you get something from this preferably a nother car. If you search for a user SueBMW that person can give you a hardrive full of bad stuff with their E60
Old 09-21-2004, 10:07 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i all options except, nav abd HUD

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Sep 21 2004, 09:42 AM
Engine lights, seatbelt lights, emission lights, and iDrive freezes do not a lemon make. Those are all worrisome issues that can be corrected.

Squealing brakes is a warranty issue. The brakes are defective, not worn. If worn, it would not be covered by the maintenance agreement, but worn is not the issue -- squealing is the issue. Hence, squealing brakes on a Bimmer with OEM pads, disks, and calipers is a defect.
[snapback]36649[/snapback]

You are correct, those issues alone don't warrant Lemon Law. However when I have those issues repeatedly and go to the dealer to have those issues fixed 8 times now and the issues still exist....that falls under Lemon Law. I had been to one dealer/service center for the brakes three times and they charged me 80 freaking euro the first time to tell me nothing was wrong. Yesterday, another dealer Service center tells me that the front pads are defective and it will cost me 150 euro to replace them. When I went to pick up the car, the service manager gave me a bill for almost 300 euro. Naturally I freaked out and told the idiot that I was not paying that bill simply because;1) I had already paid 80 euro to someone else (same dealership different location) for them to tell me nothing was wrong, and 2) i was quoted 150 euro not 300. So I ended up only paying the 150 euro. This is the type of B.S. I deal with over here. I don't get to deal with the guy who sold me the car for he is just a delivery guy more or less.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tool fan' date='Sep 21 2004, 08:07 PM
[You are correct, those issues alone don't warrant Lemon Law.? However when I have those issues repeatedly and go to the dealer to have those issues fixed 8 times now and the issues still exist....that falls under Lemon Law.? I had been to one dealer/service center for the brakes three times and they charged me 80 freaking euro the first time to tell me nothing was wrong.? Yesterday, another dealer Service center tells me that the front pads are defective and it will cost me 150 euro to replace them.? When I went to pick up the car, the service manager gave me a bill for almost 300 euro.? Naturally I freaked out and told the idiot that I was not paying that bill simply because;1) I had already paid 80 euro to someone else (same dealership different location) for them to tell me nothing was wrong, and 2) i was quoted 150 euro not 300.? So I ended up only paying the 150 euro.? This is the type of B.S. I deal with over here.? I don't get to deal with the guy who sold me the car for he is just a delivery guy more or less.
[snapback]36860[/snapback]
they even charged you for defective pads ?! worn and defective are two different things. have them look up the dictionary if they don't understand ! what if you have a defective car and are they going to tell you to pay for a new one ? that's ridiculous !
Old 09-21-2004, 10:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I would have never paid for the pads. If the pads are defective BMW AG can check them out. Are they going to send you a bill for it or did you have to pay cash on pick up of the car?

My dealer always sends me bills for stuff he does on my car. If I am not satisfied I don't pay them. If they fix it in the end I will pay them if it isn't something that is covered by warranty.

Good luck with you lemoncase. I hope you win!
Old 09-21-2004, 11:17 PM
Senior Members

Welcome