E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Headliner Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headliner Cleaner

Whats up guys so my car started leaking from the rear i replaced the rear windshield trim and the front windshield now my sunroof is leaking i bought the trim and will get it this week but the water stains are on the headliner whats the best way for cleaning the headliner i found this thing called blue coral anyone used this before or have any other suggestions

Blue Coral/22.8 oz. Dri-Clean with odor eliminator upholstery cleaner (DC22) | | AutoZone.com
Old 10-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sport package

I have no experience with that product. But a detailer, glistening perfection, recommended Auto Glym to clean interiors. I haven't used anything else since.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

simple green worked well for me, i had a few smudges on a grey headliner that came right out with a damp cotton towel sprayed with a healthy pump of simple green.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ///M-Power
whats the best way for cleaning the headliner
Woolite diluted in water works VERY well. I used a wetted microfiber to press and turn repeatedly in the stained area, and on the water line. The absolute trick that you must do is follow that with a dry one and use the exact same press and swirl, maybe more press than swirl on this step, to dab out ALL of the water. For this reason work both on each stain before moving onto another.

My headliner, especially the driver window post and map light area, was terrible looking when I bought my car CPO. This made them look brand new. My wife has accidentally gotten eye liner on it and Woolite worked perfectly on that too.

If you don't dry it great though you'll still a faint line. Dry it all the way and it will be absolutely perfect.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BSLNoel
Woolite diluted in water works VERY well. I used a wetted microfiber to press and turn repeatedly in the stained area, and on the water line. The absolute trick that you must do is follow that with a dry one and use the exact same press and swirl, maybe more press than swirl on this step, to dab out ALL of the water. For this reason work both on each stain before moving onto another.

My headliner, especially the driver window post and map light area, was terrible looking when I bought my car CPO. This made them look brand new. My wife has accidentally gotten eye liner on it and Woolite worked perfectly on that too.

If you don't dry it great though you'll still a faint line. Dry it all the way and it will be absolutely perfect.
thats what i had in mind brotha but im just worried about not doing it right because if wet it too much it will make the headliner loose thats why i looked up that blue coral cause its a dry one
Old 10-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by onetime
I have no experience with that product. But a detailer, glistening perfection, recommended Auto Glym to clean interiors. I haven't used anything else since.
thanks alot bro looks like it works well which one would i need though cause they have a couple
Old 10-16-2012, 01:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

You might want to verify your sunroof drains, I believe there are four of them. The front and rear seal you mentioned replacing is only a deco seal or closeout from glass to body. It doesn't prevent water from entering your car. If you have a leak at either glass then you have a butyl seal problem which is the soft glues that hold the glass to the body. The sunroof seal is important like you mentioned as this seal will reduce water from entering this area and what little water does get through will be carried away via the water management system. When you check your drain lines keep a close watch on the headliner for any wetness. If it becomes wet, then it's a good chance that your drain tubes are clogged or damaged and worse case you sunroof cassette is actually leaking. There are a few hear that have had that dreadful problem.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sport package

It's the interior shampoo. It's the one with the green label. I love this stuff.

Autoglym Premium Auto Care, Interior
Old 10-16-2012, 10:08 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
You might want to verify your sunroof drains, I believe there are four of them. The front and rear seal you mentioned replacing is only a deco seal or closeout from glass to body. It doesn't prevent water from entering your car. If you have a leak at either glass then you have a butyl seal problem which is the soft glues that hold the glass to the body. The sunroof seal is important like you mentioned as this seal will reduce water from entering this area and what little water does get through will be carried away via the water management system. When you check your drain lines keep a close watch on the headliner for any wetness. If it becomes wet, then it's a good chance that your drain tubes are clogged or damaged and worse case you sunroof cassette is actually leaking. There are a few hear that have had that dreadful problem.
i put water it and tested it just leaks from the passenger side it is the seal but i don't know what the drains look like if you can describe and tell me i will check them because i read a few forums on here but mine is not bad like that
Old 10-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by onetime
It's the interior shampoo. It's the one with the green label. I love this stuff.

Autoglym Premium Auto Care, Interior
this is safe right

Quick Reply: Headliner Cleaner