E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

HAVE YOU TAKEN A SHOWER IN YOUR E60?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Moopai' post='686677' date='Oct 6 2008, 04:38 PM
Guys if it the sunroof why the water did not leak in the centre while find it it's way back? I don't think it is the sunroof.
Maybe because the sunroof drain tubes run down the C-pillars?
Old 10-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

Do you guys know if the sunroof cassette is covered in the certified series? If not this is a big job because I remember it got done on my 7-series because the roof was pretty noisy.

Originally Posted by Moopai' post='686677' date='Oct 6 2008, 04:38 PM
Guys if it the sunroof why the water did not leak in the centre while find it it's way back? I don't think it is the sunroof.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.
Smile

Okay, so my BMW Stealer fixed the water leaking problem, it was a blockage in the drains by the C-Pillars as some of the members advised and I got dinged for $250.00 labor charge. It's fine that I paid the charge but as soon as I got the car back the moon roof started to make noise sounds when I open or close it and the wind noise got louder than before. I called my BMW stealer and complained about the problem that I never had prior to my service visit, I was asked to bring the car back so they can check it. They had the car for the day then I received a call from the stealer to tell me that the new problem is not related to what they did in the last service and they need to change the seal around the moon roof and it is going to cost ~$350.00. I got upset especially since I did not have this problem before bringing the car to service, I told them not to do anything with it and I got dinged again for a $140 service charge as they claimed they worked on the vehicle for one hour. I pickup the car and this time I got a new noise which I hear all the time when I'm driving on a ruff surface, it is a piece of plastic behind the noon roof that keeps rattling. That being said, I have no idea what to do with the stealer, they told me that all they did to fix the draining problem was to drop the liner from the back. Now what if something got loose when they did that? The rattling noise is driving me crazy especially since my car was pretty quite vehicle. Any advise from you guys would be greatly appreciated. If you have any ideas for me to fix this problem, please share it. Thanks

Originally Posted by Moopai' post='686744' date='Oct 6 2008, 05:51 PM
Do you guys know if the sunroof cassette is covered in the certified series? If not this is a big job because I remember it got done on my 7-series because the roof was pretty noisy.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

This exact thing happened to me on my E39. The water channel that runs the length of the car, over the roof, down the side and to the back part of the trunk where it lets out was clogged. Water kept building up and eventually just made it's way into the interior and soaked the rear of the car. They ended up having to remove the roof liner and replacing the channels, where the water is supposed to run off through.
They also replaced all the pillars (A, B and C). After that, it never happened again, but my car was in the dealership for over a week. It sucked. Sorry to hear this.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

This should not happen in a E60.

My 320iC '99's widows did leak some in the car wash.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Contributors

lol this has happen to my e39 water ran in from the exact place... I replaced the trim, that fixed it....
Old 01-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i. Built 5/2005. Bought by me 7/2008. Olivin Green, beige interior; 6MT; sport package; cold weather package; premium sound package; xenon lights; PDC; rear shades.
Model Year: 2006

This just happend to me today
Same deal: touchless carwash... I'm sitting there while it does its thing when I hear water dripping in the back. I turn around and sure enough water is dripping all over the seats from around both rear doors
What annoys me most is that I now have two water stains around the C-pillars.
In the six months I've owned this car I've gone to the touchless wash many times without any problems. Of course, over the past 15 years I've owned two Hondas, a GMC, and an Izuzu, and none of them ever leaked! I expected the same problem-free trips to the carwash with my $40K BMW.
I guess I'm sorta glad I'm not the only one to have had this problem. Back to the dealer for me... fortunately I'm still under warranty.
If anyone knows any quick fixes for this or preventative maintenance on the door seals, I'd love to know about it.

E
Old 01-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Moopai' post='685753' date='Oct 5 2008, 01:10 PM
So yesterday I did not feel like washing the car by hand so I went through a touch-less car wash, as soon as the machine reached the back of the E60 my kids where screaming Daddy water in getting in the car. I look behind me and water was dripping like crazy from both sides of the back doors and I can see the water traveling so quick into the back and side of the roof material, more on the left side (please see picture for exact location). The roof is already dry but I'm not sure where the water went now. I noticed some went in the seatbelt box on the back seat and some went between the back seat and the door trim.

The $64,000 dollar question; how did the frickin water get into the car? The only thing that I remember is back in May BMW changed the door trims because I was complaining about the noise from the doors, that being said I washed my car in a touch-less car wash after the replacement of the door trims many times with no problems until yesterday. Could this be the problem? Could the water go through the back glass side trim? I will take the car to the stealer tomorrow if they can see me, but the other question is this stuff covered under the extended warranty (Certified Series)?

If you guys have any information please let me know. I tell my two year old daughter was freaking out when she saw the water dripping....
there is a bullitin for the sunroof track at the back of the sunroof plastic and metal meet therefore causing it to crack..so if your in warrenty there supp to change the entire sunroof,,i had the samething done to mine..good luck
Old 01-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Moopai' post='686677' date='Oct 6 2008, 03:38 PM
its the sunroof trust me me and my friend had the same problem and dont let them tell you the same bs they tryed with me,telling me the sunroof was open ..on my old 5 it use to leak from the front pillars..so take it there and let them change the cassete like the other guy said ..