E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

HAVE YOU TAKEN A SHOWER IN YOUR E60?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.
Smile

So yesterday I did not feel like washing the car by hand so I went through a touch-less car wash, as soon as the machine reached the back of the E60 my kids where screaming Daddy water in getting in the car. I look behind me and water was dripping like crazy from both sides of the back doors and I can see the water traveling so quick into the back and side of the roof material, more on the left side (please see picture for exact location). The roof is already dry but I'm not sure where the water went now. I noticed some went in the seatbelt box on the back seat and some went between the back seat and the door trim.

The $64,000 dollar question; how did the frickin water get into the car? The only thing that I remember is back in May BMW changed the door trims because I was complaining about the noise from the doors, that being said I washed my car in a touch-less car wash after the replacement of the door trims many times with no problems until yesterday. Could this be the problem? Could the water go through the back glass side trim? I will take the car to the stealer tomorrow if they can see me, but the other question is this stuff covered under the extended warranty (Certified Series)?

If you guys have any information please let me know. I tell my two year old daughter was freaking out when she saw the water dripping....
Attached Thumbnails HAVE YOU TAKEN A SHOWER IN YOUR E60?-e60_1.jpg  
Old 10-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

were the windows closed? hehe J/K. might have been the dealer not installing the new trims correctly.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Something similar happened with my M3 convertible. It took about 3 hours for them to diagnose but one of the water drains running down from the trunk was clogged and water was pouring into my rear floor wells. Unfortunately, they said it was not covered under the CPO warranty. Not sure if it's the same problem or if it's covered though.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Senior Members

ah man that sucks i would take it back to the dealer and let them know what happend, and makethem replace the trim
Old 10-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Senior Members

should there be anything to be concerned about with regards to the side airbag...water in the area...all that stuff????
Old 10-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

That is exactly what I'm concerned about because I saw the water going in that direction.

Originally Posted by sy1616' post='685874' date='Oct 5 2008, 05:57 PM
should there be anything to be concerned about with regards to the side airbag...water in the area...all that stuff????
Old 10-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

You may have a brown stain also on the headliner it can be cleaned with 5 min detail and a microfiber rag
Old 10-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Did you by chance have your sunroof open prior to entering the car wash?
Old 10-05-2008, 07:33 PM
CLD
Members

I had water come from a touchless car wash in the exact same spot, the rear pillar, dirvers side. Took it to the dealer, they could not replicate the problem with a hose. I never had any water get in from rain, it was only from the touchless car wash. They said the pressure of the wash could have done it...there was no other fix other than not using the car wash.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Senior Members

I gotta be honest, I have never taken my car through the car wash when I got it this summer. I only spent a month and a half with it before I had to leave it behind, but I always told myself I would never get it washed outside of my BMW dealer. First off, the AWD equipment, I heard, is easily damaged my some car washes depending on whether or not they have certain parts on the ground. And second, the dealership does complimentary car washes. Even if it's not as good as the outsiders, as long as the outside of the car is spotless, I can take care of the interior.

Oh and sorry for the disaster. I guess I'm keeping mine out regardless, of a car wash other than at the dealer. Seems like a couple of people have had the problem.

Quick Reply: HAVE YOU TAKEN A SHOWER IN YOUR E60?