E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hate NYC streets

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: F10 535I
Model Year: 2016

Driving last night.. When out of nowhere... Bammmmm.

Hit a huge hole which I didnt even see. Blew out two tires and bent both rear rims....

Went to a wheel shop and was told that the inside of the wheels need to be fixed which is not a problem only like $100 so I ordered 2 new tires from tirerack, but the outside of the wheels by the actual face are slightly bent, was told by the body shop it wouldnt leak and could just leave it like that..

So for now the outside of my rear wheels are a little bent

will probably get fixed by the summer...

I HATE NYC STREETTTTTT
Old 12-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eugene134' post='754520' date='Dec 28 2008, 07:09 PM

Hit a huge hole which I didnt even see. Blew out two tires and bent both rear rims....

Went to a wheel shop and was told that the inside of the wheels need to be fixed which is not a problem only like $100 so I ordered 2 new tires from tirerack, but the outside of the wheels by the actual face are slightly bent, was told by the body shop it wouldnt leak and could just leave it like that..

I HATE NYC STREETTTTTT
Its not only NY city, I just came back from LI city through I-95 there were huge pot holes, Immediately my TPM went off . Luckily nothing major happened to my tires..
Old 12-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

We all hate NYC Streets man. with a passion.

Sorry to hear what happened with the wheels.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Contributors

Been there - done that!

Unfortunately, the lower the profile (tire) the higher the probability that even a small pothole will take it and the wheel out of service! BTW, the next time you order from TireRack sign up thru the free link in my signature and you'll save a few more bucks!
Old 12-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

happened to me last night, didn't pop the tires but i'm gettin a vibration now over 30 mph. i'm thinking my rims might have slightly bent on the right side. or my alignment was thrown off..

taking off the 20's and putting my stockers on asap. dont wanna risk it any more.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Members

Go back and take pictures of that pothole and the damages to your car. Make sure you clearly show the dimensions of the hole. Consult a lawyer. You might be able to take the City to the small claims court and get some money for your damages.

I hit a big pothole today too. So far I'm not hearing nor seeing anything unusual. *crossing fingers*
Old 12-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

sorry to hear about that man
Old 12-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by m37all1ca' post='754676' date='Dec 28 2008, 11:57 PM
Go back and take pictures of that pothole and the damages to your car. Make sure you clearly show the dimensions of the hole. Consult a lawyer. You might be able to take the City to the small claims court and get some money for your damages.

I hit a big pothole today too. So far I'm not hearing nor seeing anything unusual. *crossing fingers*
This is a great point. You should at least try. It can't hurt. Although it can take up to 6 months for a claim to be finalized and for you to be paid by the city. If you're persistent, it could happen. However, dealing with the bureaucracy of NYC is a total nightmare. If it were any other city or a suburb outside the city, I would say go for it. However, with Manhattan, who knows...
Old 12-29-2008, 01:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='754705' date='Dec 29 2008, 05:37 AM
This is a great point. You should at least try. It can't hurt. Although it can take up to 6 months for a claim to be finalized and for you to be paid by the city. If you're persistent, it could happen. However, dealing with the bureaucracy of NYC is a total nightmare. If it were any other city or a suburb outside the city, I would say go for it. However, with Manhattan, who knows...
Agree with the above. I was going to ask if you could do this out there. Over here in the UK, i have called up our City Council before, as the exact same thing happened to me.Albeit, i didn't loos the tire, but my rim was bent and badly chipped. I called the council up, took photo's of the pothole where it happened, they looked at my wheel, looked at the pothole, and agreed to buy a brand new wheel on my car. Took about 2 months to sort out, and i didn't use my lawyer. Always worth trying. So i'd definitely give it a try.

Good luck bud, and sorry to hear of this.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i

Originally Posted by Eugene134' post='754520' date='Dec 28 2008, 07:09 PM

I HATE NYC STREETTTTTT
Sorry about that man, the same thing happened to me on 21th st in LIC about 4 months ago, now i am driving with a bent rim. 21th street by the 59th street bridge is the worst.

Quick Reply: Hate NYC streets