E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Has anyone noticed a low-speed 'hum' on their 530?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 07:17 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acribb' date='Oct 6 2004, 09:58 AM
Steptronic.? I'm REALLY getting sick of this car.? Now I notice the car shifts rough too in the morning when it's cold - VIBRATION.? The sad thing is, it is hard for me to reproduce the problems, since they are intermittent.? I'm sorry, but this car does not feel nor act like a 50K + car.? I'm ready to sell it and go buy a freaking Lexus or new RL.? ?
[snapback]41762[/snapback]
This is odd. How cold is it really in the mornings there in FLA? It has been about 50 or so here in NJ the past few mornings and all has been fine with mine. Sounds like a transmission problem. As Northern suggestsm the dealer has an obligation to resolve this issue.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:45 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 525iA (steptronic) Jet Black, Beige interior, poplar trim, premium package, cold package, Logic7 w/ 6 CD changer. Due to be delivered in Nov.

This is odd. How cold is it really in the mornings there in FLA? It has been about 50 or so here in NJ the past few mornings and all has been fine with mine. Sounds like a transmission problem. As Northern suggestsm the dealer has an obligation to resolve this issue.
[snapback]42015[/snapback]
[/quote]

I wonder if has anything to do with sport package vs. Non-sport package?
Old 10-06-2004, 07:47 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 525iA (steptronic) Jet Black, Beige interior, poplar trim, premium package, cold package, Logic7 w/ 6 CD changer. Due to be delivered in Nov.

:bashwall:
Still figuring out how to include a previous quote in my reply.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:53 PM
JDN
Contributors

Click on "Reply
Old 10-07-2004, 06:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gman' date='Oct 6 2004, 10:47 PM
:bashwall:
[snapback]42029[/snapback]
Click on REPLY for the post that you want to include in the reply. You will see the text brought into your message. It looks like you are doing it since you got the message inserted you are just missing the quotes. You also have the endquote {/quote}. Looks like somhow you are deleting the first line of code that looks like:

{quote=gman,Oct 6 2004, 10:47 PM}:bashwall:

note: I changed the square brackets to {} so they would not be read as HTML coding.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by skipper' date='Oct 7 2004, 04:23 AM
[quote name='gman' date='Oct 6 2004, 10:47 PM']:bashwall:
[snapback]42029[/snapback]
Click on REPLY for the post that you want to include in the reply. You will see the text brought into your message. It looks like you are doing it since you got the message inserted you are just missing the quotes. You also have the endquote {/quote}. Looks like somhow you are deleting the first line of code that looks like:

{quote=gman,Oct 6 2004, 10:47 PM}:bashwall:

note: I changed the square brackets to {} so they would not be read as HTML coding.
[snapback]42148[/snapback]
[/quote]
i'm not drunk but i don't get it . the first "quote" is open quote and the second "/quote" with a slash is close quote. so if you want to quote just one sentence out of the whole page, you can copy that line, hit "quote" after you hit "add reply", not "reply", then paste that sentence, and hit "quote" again. you might want to try it out in the "test" forum.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by acribb' date='Oct 6 2004, 09:58 AM
Steptronic.? I'm REALLY getting sick of this car.? Now I notice the car shifts rough too in the morning when it's cold - VIBRATION.? The sad thing is, it is hard for me to reproduce the problems, since they are intermittent.? I'm sorry, but this car does not feel nor act like a 50K + car.? I'm ready to sell it and go buy a freaking Lexus or new RL.? ?
have you sold your car, must have been your tires giving you that humming noise.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Oct 7 2004, 03:08 PM
[quote name='acribb' date='Oct 6 2004, 09:58 AM']Steptronic.? I'm REALLY getting sick of this car.? Now I notice the car shifts rough too in the morning when it's cold - VIBRATION.? The sad thing is, it is hard for me to reproduce the problems, since they are intermittent.? I'm sorry, but this car does not feel nor act like a 50K + car.? I'm ready to sell it and go buy a freaking Lexus or new RL.?? ?
have you sold your car, must have been your tires giving you that humming noise.
[snapback]42252[/snapback]
[/quote]

It's not the tires. When the car shifts, the pitch of the hum shifts with the car shifting. I'm going to drive another 530i on my next service visit and do some serious comparing with my car......
Old 11-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Members

I have what seems to be a similar problem-my '06 530 rattles at approx 1.5 RPM's regardless of speed or whether the engine is warmed up or not. Only has 6,500 miles on it and never rattled before. It's very annoying and I'll be taking it back to the dealer. Brought it in once and they thought it was a software problem. Upgraded the software, they said it was fixed but the rattling noise is still there. Anyone know what this could be?
Old 11-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Senior Members

Good luck with your rattles. Unfortunately, rattles and such are characteristic of this car. If you haven't noticed yet, a good majority of this forum talks about the cars rattles and creaks. I've got rattles from the door locks (the 'pins' sticking up from the doors), rattles from the rear shelf, and now, the dreaded door creakings are back (all four doors). I know the door creaks and squeaks can be fixed by carbaflo from the dealer. The other random rattles and such - I just have learned to live with them. Trust me, I fought this battle in the beginning, and the more the dealer took the car apart, the worse the rattles got. I would just leave them alone, rather than having the dealer loosen up your car more for you. My wife won't let me sell/trade this car, unfortunately. I guess I shouldn't be complaining too much, since it is a 2004 BMW 5 series - life could be worse! Life lessons learned, this is my first and most likely last BMW - Lexus is up next for me. Alough the cars don't look as good as BMWs, their reliability and build quality is much better. My wife's 1999 Honda Accord with 130,000 miles rattles less than my somewhat new Bimmer with 28,000 miles.....

Quick Reply: Has anyone noticed a low-speed 'hum' on their 530?