E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Has anyone have issues with Flat Tire Monitor.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 550i - AS, SP, CWP, Nav, L7, Rear Sunshades, PDC, Comfort Seats
Thumbs up

I had it go off today and it told me that I had a flat. When I checked the tires they were fine. I had to go in FTM mode to reinitialize.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

This thread mentions some issues with FTM and version 12.

All I can say is I've never had mine give me any troubles before or after my version 12.2 upgrade.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Funny that you just posted this. I just got in from checking my tire pressure.
I can't F'n believe it! Was going to start a new post.
Front tire Drivers Side 25lbs. So I check passenger side front. Also 25lbs! (WTF!) Check the rears. Both are at 30lbs exactly! (WTF!).

I thought the fronts looked a little low so I thought I'd check them. Glad I did.
(I know they are run-flats and are difficult to tell visually but they looked a little low).

Never any indication on the FTM (but both the fronts and rears would have been rotating the same). This is the first time that I checked the tire pressure (yeah, I know, Dumb-Ass!) but I can't see how both sides would be exactly at the same pressure(s) AND be very Low.

I'd be curious if anyone else has seen this. If you haven't checked your tire pressures you had better do it tomorrow!

I know my FTM works because the day I picked up may car from having the new steering rack put in my FTM went off within 5 miles of the dealership. I turned around and went back to have them check it and it turned out that I had a screw in my tire. The tire was repaired (at no charge) and off I went. So at least at that point (1,200 miles) I'd assume the pressures were fine. Now I'm at 7,500 miles. I wonder how long they have been this low. I makes me quite uneasy thinking how fast I've taken some off-ramps and on-ramps with these tire pressures!

On the other hand, I can't believe how well the car handeled with these tire pressures. Tonight I took one at 55mph with ease (that was the best I could get out of my Audi A6 2.7T Sport running on S-03's).

Can't wait to see what it'll do with Real tire pressures.

I'm thankful for the construction of the run-flats!
Old 08-29-2004, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Aug 29 2004, 11:25 PM
Never any indication on the FTM (but both the fronts and rears would have been rotating the same).
You're exactly right, that's why the FTM didn't go off.

Guess I'll be checking my pressures tomorrow morning!

Thanks man!!
Old 08-29-2004, 07:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

I hope that I'm the only one, but with both fronts and rears being Exactly the same, I'm curious.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:53 PM
JDN
Contributors

Tire and car dealers are notorious for setting the wrong pressures. Mine was delivered wrong, but I caught it in less than a week. I think we had a thread on this a few months ago. The lesson is: do not rely on someone else to be sure you have the pressure that you want. I have written it down for tire switches and still had it go awry. They don't check the pressure for your particular car. They just air them up.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 550i - AS, SP, CWP, Nav, L7, Rear Sunshades, PDC, Comfort Seats

Thanks for the information guys, I appreciate it.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:58 PM
Contributors

Wow. The car responds a lot better now that I have air in the tires.
A lot less wandering on the highway and less tire squeal on my favorite off-ramps
Old 09-03-2004, 09:02 AM
Contributors

Mileage has gone from 17.5 mpg to 18.5 mpg by adding about 15 lbs of air in the tires.

Does this mean if I add ANOTHER 15 lbs......
Old 09-03-2004, 09:26 AM
Members

What is a good setting for the tires?

Quick Reply: Has anyone have issues with Flat Tire Monitor.....