E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Handling off - alignment advise

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 1996 525 M Sport Silver Grey on Beige

I had my tires rotated and balance after 3,500 miles as recommended. Now I am alway reluctant to do this as I invariably find the car is never as good. Anyway I took it in and said forget the alignment as it was spot on just a balance and rotation thanks.

Anyway the guys comes out and asks me if I like to corner hard and I said yes why? He said there was some "feathering? on the outside of the tires so he recommended a change in the alignment to compensate. He did the original job so I said okay you know what you are doing.

Well now the car feels a bit limp. It used to be quite sharp on turn in and stable now it seems to dip in and roll slightly on turn in and frankly does not feel very sharp or stable. It does track okay though.

Anyway I am taking it back tomorrow to get redone and was going to suggest they just set the factory specs for the msport suspension as I don't care if the tires wear faster I just want it to feel like it should.

Anyone have any experience with how a change in alignment/camber etc may effect the cars handling and what I should be asking them or should I just say factory spec please?