E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Had my car for 5 days and.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 Cadillac XLR // Silver with Black Interior 2002 Lincoln LS // Silver with Grey Interior [En Route] 2008 Black Sapphire Metallic 535xi // Black Nasca Leather // 18" Star Spoke Wheels // Sport, Premium & Cold Pkg // Bamboo Anthracite Trim & Headliner // Comfort Access // Head-up Display // Navigation // Logic 7 // HD Radio // Ipod // Sunshades
Unhappy

.....I already have a service appointment The shifter gets stuck when in park and won't go into reverse unless I click it down a bit or wiggle it around first. It was fine for a few days and just started sticking today. I really hope this car doesn't make a habit of this.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

i'm sure things will turn out fine. good luck.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Quite a few guys have had this problem with the LCI Shifter ,check out search function history.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Read this, it's just a small part of the problems I had with the first 535 I bought.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry487558

What build month is your car? I thought they fixed all the problems with the September build. The original one I had was a March build and was one of the first LCI's here. My new one has had no problems and it's a September build.

Good luck and I hope this helps...
Old 12-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Most important,

I know how you feel and you just got the car. If you take it in and they tell you the part is on back order RESIST! the urge to drive your car the way it is. Leave it at the dealer and take the loaner. This down time accumulates and is very important incase your car runs into more trouble down the road. I know how you feel I was there and was not happy at all. My plight took several months. Hang in there and keep your cool at the dealer. Keep track of everything and everyone you speak to.
If you need advice if the situation worsens drop me an e-mail and I'll tell you some of things I did.

Rick..
Old 12-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DynaSpy' post='502632' date='Dec 4 2007, 03:02 PM
.....I already have a service appointment The shifter gets stuck when in park and won't go into reverse unless I click it down a bit or wiggle it around first. It was fine for a few days and just started sticking today. I really hope this car doesn't make a habit of this.
"Knock on wood" mine as had been in the shop so many times I lost count, forced me to buy the extended warranty. If I get a BMW for my next car, I do not want idrive, tried of getting idrive updates. Also just had a new tranny installed at only 42,000 miles.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by DynaSpy' post='502632' date='Dec 4 2007, 06:02 PM
Craptacular. Sorry to hear about your problem DS, a few guys have unfortunately had the same problem. Hope they get it fixed for you ASAP.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='502783' date='Dec 5 2007, 11:35 AM
"Knock on wood" mine as had been in the shop so many times I lost count, forced me to buy the extended warranty. If I get a BMW for my next car, I do not want idrive, tried of getting idrive updates. Also just had a new tranny installed at only 42,000 miles.
wow sorry to hear this.
why do you always update the softwere? Is there something wrong with the car for it to be update.
I had the car for 3 years and nervered updated the software, just like a computer if it work and nothing wrong with it then leave it.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Cadillac XLR // Silver with Black Interior 2002 Lincoln LS // Silver with Grey Interior [En Route] 2008 Black Sapphire Metallic 535xi // Black Nasca Leather // 18" Star Spoke Wheels // Sport, Premium & Cold Pkg // Bamboo Anthracite Trim & Headliner // Comfort Access // Head-up Display // Navigation // Logic 7 // HD Radio // Ipod // Sunshades

So I got my car back today. They replaced the whole shifter assembly and it seems fine now. I had to wait 2 weeks to bring it in but it only took them 2 days to fix it. I also had them adjust the HUD but unfortunately instead of being too low it's now a bit too high. I guess it's tough to find the sweet spot when the viewing angle is really only a few degrees before it starts getting distorted. All in all I was very satisfied by the service writer as well as the tech who did the work on the car. He was a young guy so he leveled with me and told me that he had heard of this issue before. In my experience the older techs tend to have a hard time relating to younger drivers and don't really want to deal with the customer directly. He even came out for a drive with me since it was a new car and he wanted make sure everything was running how it should which was very impressive to me. I did have a bit of fun beating on the 2007 335xi loaner they gave me, it was actually pretty loaded for a loaner Getting my roof spoiler and black grills installed tomorrow, will post pics ASAP
Old 12-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

sounds good. as long as youre satisfied with your baby

Quick Reply: Had my car for 5 days and.....