E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Great Detailer in Atlanta (Southeast)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 05:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 550 M Sport Pkg

I have been away from bf.com for a while now but am glad to be back. Recently I picked up an 08 550 M Sport Package (Cosmos Metallic Black). I am extremely pleased with the car but wanted to have some paint correction done and living in Columbia / Lexington SC, my options for this kind of work was to either trust some hack with a high speed polisher or have some detailer use fillers to temporarily mask the issues with the paint. While browsing the web one evening, I ran across www.detaileddesignsautospa.com. At first I did not know what to expect but a detail outfit with a website put together as well as it was, I had nothing to lose to just give them a call. I gave them a call and had a very pleasant conversation with Jean-Claude. We had discussed my situation as accurately as I could over the phone and we worked out the logistics. With me being located a couple hours away from Atlanta, we decided on having him travel to SC as it would work out better for me and I had plenty of space for him to work. We decided on a date and I could not wait for him to arrive. He arrived right when he said he would and he and his assistant got to work right away. In the first 30 minutes of watching Jean-Claude, I knew I had made the right decision. His attention to detail and working to achieve an end result without time being a consideration was amazing. Not only was he amazing, he actually was willing to educate me on how to properly maintain my car and was not bothered by me standing around looking over his shoulder. As the day went on, they continued to work hard to get my car looking better than I could have imagined. I knew it was going to take a couple days, but after the first day, my car looked so much better. I realized at that point that my expectations will be far exceeded. After cutting out for the night around 8:30, they went to the hotel and said they would return early the next morning. Arriving promptly the next morning, they got back to work right away. They ended up finishing up around 3 that afternoon and the car looked amazing. The end result was far beyond what I had expected. Not only did he transform my car and and corrected all of the issues that could safely be corrected with my paint, he explained everything during the process and made recommendations for products and methods to maintain my newly corrected paint.

For anyone in the Atlanta area or in the Southeast for that matter, if you are interested in any type of higher end detailing services and paint correction, you really need to call Jean-Claude. Not only will he exceed your expectations, but he is a true gentleman and I felt 110% comfortable with him. The website again is www.detaileddesignsautospa.com and is a valuable asset to the Atlanta area.

Thanks again Jean-Claude!!!

Craig

Old 09-12-2011, 05:18 AM
Members

can't wait to get my 550 to him!
Old 09-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by brockjhammer
can't wait to get my 550 to him!
His work is by far the best ive ever seen. I had pretty high expectatations, but he by far excedded them.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:11 AM
Members

thank you for you to share the useful information with us. if i have such problems, i won't hesitate to contact with this site.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Just curious what the price range of this detail was when you factor in his travel cost and hotel...?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:25 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Just curious what the price range of this detail was when you factor in his travel cost and hotel...?
Around 1k including travel and hotel. Well worth it IMO since it was done right and done right the first time. I could have payed 300 - 400 to have some hack job add holograms to my paint and damage it even worse so thats why I went this route. If I were to do it over again, hell yea I would!!! He does amazing work.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:33 AM
Members

What did it look like before? Any pics?
Old 09-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by dlounge
What did it look like before? Any pics?
Not horrible but it did have some swirls and holigrams. Even had a few random deep scratches he was able to get out without being super aggressive.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:04 AM
New Members

Hey Craig, thanks for the kind words. It's always fun working on enthusiast owned cars!!

I didn't know about this site until someone contacted me saying they saw this thread and linked me. Great forum!