E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Got the Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 02:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2002 325i - SOLD 2006 525i - PCD in August '05 1999 CVPI - My work car

Well, I finally got the software updated on my car. I have been getting the high battery drain warning since I picked it up in august so I took it in yesterday to get it updated. Picked it up today and on my drive home I realized:
1) No Bluetooth, I couldn't even activate it under communication settings. (Maybe I am doing something wrong)
2) No Voice Commands. I push the button, hear the beep but it never hears me. It's like the microphone was turned off.
3) The steering is soo much looser now. Now I have to turn the steering wheel 1/2 a turn for what I needed 1/4 of a turn before.
4) I drive frooze on the drive home.
5) Got home, called BMW assist, couldn't control the volume, it was LOUD. He didn't have my location or anything.. just my voice. (Idrive screen was in the main menu, shouldn't it have been showing my location, status of call etc?)
6) Xenons don't swivel anymore.
7) All data was erased (nderstandeably so) but my address book under Nav had two entry for each of my saved locations. (Not a biggie, but now I have to delete one of each).

What did they do to my poor car? All I wanted was the battery drain warning gone!
Sigh.. Called the dealership, taking it back in tomorrow morning.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

WOW, that sucks. Keep us posted. Frankly, you've got me scared.

I'm having the AUX input installed as we speak. My advisor indicated that the latest software would need to be installed to enable AUX. I indicated to him it was my understanding that the latest software did NOT need to be installed, but the software simply programmed (?) to recognize AUX. Not only that but they want to charge me 3 hrs. labor ($375!). I balked, but said to proceed, pending review of main question.

He was to get back to me to clarify this, and to find out whether or not I lose all my I Drive settings (bluetooth, radio settings, equalizer,speed limit,chime on the hour, et.al.) No word yet, but I'm leaving him a voicemail now.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Senior Members

Sorry to hear that!

I got my car upgraded a week ago, and I lost my bluetooth as well!!!!
I also think they forgot to calibrate the steering wheel, because now it's a bit of center.

I'm leaving my car at BMW at monday, and they will change my bluetooth system, because the car wont find it's bluetooth device.. We tried for several hours, and couldn't find it!

I lost all stored radio settings (as usual) but my adress book, did have all it's entrys, but dubble up !
Old 11-02-2005, 06:05 AM
Members

I had my software upgraded to CIP 19.00 (E060-05-09-510 on the version control screen of the iDrive diagnostics) about a month ago when I had my AUX input installed for my iPod.

No problems noted. I did have to repair my BT phone, but once I did, all the settings, phonebook were there. I did notice that it came up with BT disabled, so had to reenable it first. Radio settings were all there.

Positives noted: RDS now works (I am non-NAV). BT profile name shows up when communications is selected. Lawyer screen goes away by itself after 5 seconds on startup.

Other than that, everything else appears to work just fine.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 2002 325i - SOLD 2006 525i - PCD in August '05 1999 CVPI - My work car

Dropped it off this morning.. still waiting to hear from them.
The Lawyer screen wouldn't go away until I hit accept. I hope to have that feature once it's fixed. My radio settings were erased too. The service tech couldn't pair my phone up this morning.
The wait is horrible!
Old 11-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Contributors

I have 19.01 and the lawyer screen doesn't go away. I gave up waiting after 15-20 seconds anyway.

Originally Posted by Vitacura' date='Nov 2 2005, 08:25 AM
Dropped it off this morning.. still waiting to hear from them.
The Lawyer screen wouldn't go away until I hit accept. I hope to have that feature once it's fixed. My radio settings were erased too. The service tech couldn't pair my phone up this morning.
The wait is horrible!
[snapback]192422[/snapback]
Old 11-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by 5 Rakete' date='Nov 2 2005, 01:40 PM
I have 19.01 and the lawyer screen doesn't go away. I gave up waiting after 15-20 seconds anyway.

[quote name='Vitacura' date='Nov 2 2005, 08:25 AM']Dropped it off this morning.. still waiting to hear from them.
The wait is horrible!
[snapback]192544[/snapback]
[/quote]
I don't think the lawyer screen would go away. I have the software upgrade too but don't know the version though. Dealer did not say nor written on the invoice. The lawyer screen never goes away until I hit the iDrive button.

My BT worked I went back to the communication menu under the service menu and re-enabled it again. Now, whenever I use the BT phone, there is a cell phone icon show up in the bottom of the iDrive screen along with the signal strengthen. RDS is working now after SW upgrade, bird view screen when using NAV. Phone menu display my phone model which was programmed in my V3.

Still Auto-headlight doesn't work correctly ... singh.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Orient Blue, Auburn Int. Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Satellite Radio, Logic 7 , Nav... European Delivery 3/21/05 Redelivery 6/1/05.

I recently was upgraded to 19.1 and all systems came back fine. I did loose BT but I was able to enable it and re-pair my phone. RDS is now functional and all othere systems are stable. Pretty painless all in all. And... Lawyer screen will not go away by itself... Still need to accept.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Contributors

The little cell phone icon means your phone is indicating you have a missed call. It doesn't mean the car can see your phone. Check your missed calls and it should disappear, did for me. At first I thought it was confirming the BT connection too. I suppose this feature is there for phones that are left in the cradle while you are away from the car.

Originally Posted by lcc014' date='Nov 2 2005, 12:06 PM
[quote name='5 Rakete' date='Nov 2 2005, 01:40 PM']I have 19.01 and the lawyer screen doesn't go away. I gave up waiting after 15-20 seconds anyway.

[quote name='Vitacura' date='Nov 2 2005, 08:25 AM']Dropped it off this morning.. still waiting to hear from them.
The wait is horrible!
[/quote]
I don't think the lawyer screen would go away. I have the software upgrade too but don't know the version though. Dealer did not say nor written on the invoice. The lawyer screen never goes away until I hit the iDrive button.

My BT worked I went back to the communication menu under the service menu and re-enabled it again. Now, whenever I use the BT phone, there is a cell phone icon show up in the bottom of the iDrive screen along with the signal strengthen. RDS is working now after SW upgrade, bird view screen when using NAV. Phone menu display my phone model which was programmed in my V3.

[snapback]192558[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 11-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by lcc014' date='Nov 2 2005, 02:06 PM
[quote name='5 Rakete' date='Nov 2 2005, 01:40 PM']I have 19.01 and the lawyer screen doesn't go away. I gave up waiting after 15-20 seconds anyway.

The wait is horrible!
[/quote]

[snapback]192558[/snapback]
[/quote]

On my E60, non-nav, the Cell phone icon appears when

A) The battery on my cel phone is getting low

If I have numbers shown in the "Missed Call" section of I-drive

C) If I have a message in my voice mail.

If all 3 of th above are clear, Icon disappears .

Quick Reply: Got the Software Update