E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

got a restraint system error

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i: Alpine White/Creme Dakota Leather/Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim; Premium pkg, Ipod USB (6FL), Xenons, sunroof, Eibach pro-kit 1.2" drop all around, limo tint all around. LED license plate festoons. Soon to come: M6 replica 19" rims, Angel Eyes mod, fog light mod.

so im gna cut it short bcuz im soo ticked off rite now. i got an idrive error saying some shit about my restraint system i took it into BMW on monday. some clown named danny was helpin me out. he said ok we'll check it out ill call u either today or early tomorrow im like ok let me get a loaner car hes like oh we cant its only for people who buy a bmw from us not from a broker. i was like wtf?? what does it matter you trick im paying 55k for the dam beamer i need a loaner. so i didnt get one and moving on so i been calling this guy all day today no answer he finaly calls me back at 3 hes like oh ya some connection in the seat got loose thats y u got that error but there is nothing wrong with the sensor and u have to pay us 88dollars for our tech spending time "diagnosing" it. im like ill get down there we'll talk about it. i went immediatly to the srvice "manager" i spent half an hr trying to figure out how the f**** its my fault something got loose and how its not covered under warranty. anyways long story short i got his card and danny's and i told him ull be hearing from BMW NA this is ridiculous. punk ass had balls too talking back to me. i paid 88bucks to have someone tell me there is NOTHING wrong wit my car. anyone got the number to BMW NA?
Old 10-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

18008311117 BMW NA customer service I always talk to Amelia she's nice! what dealership did you go to anyway??
Old 10-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 528i: Alpine White/Creme Dakota Leather/Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim; Premium pkg, Ipod USB (6FL), Xenons, sunroof, Eibach pro-kit 1.2" drop all around, limo tint all around. LED license plate festoons. Soon to come: M6 replica 19" rims, Angel Eyes mod, fog light mod.

Originally Posted by euro2nv' post='699603' date='Oct 21 2008, 09:27 PM
18008311117 BMW NA customer service I always talk to Amelia she's nice! what dealership did you go to anyway??
pacific BMW in Glendale, ca FYI dont take ur car here ur better off driving a little further taking it somewhere else with REAL customer service
Old 10-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

i took mine to CENTER BMW here in thousand oaks, my SA is Dennis Bohlig he's cool, bought him some food, that helps sometime you know
Old 10-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by euro2nv' post='699606' date='Oct 21 2008, 09:31 PM
i took mine to CENTER BMW here in thousand oaks, my SA is Dennis Bohlig he's cool, bought him some food, that helps sometime you know
ill buy em lunch when they do what theyr supposed to do. mofo's like this expect free shit not even man when they do wut theyre supposed to do or do me favor then ill buy em lunch or a gift card or something
Old 10-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Contributors

try thousand oaks bro,, its a bit of a drive but they seem to be ok, after taking my car there the next day i bought him lunch so i know he's gonna do a good service after, for me there's no point of giving him tips, food, after he's done with your car, i hope you get what i mean,, take it easy bro! hope it won't happen to you next time GL!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

sorry to hear about that man. Ive gotten that error a couple times and so have others and its ended up being a faulty sensor in the passenger seat, but it should be covered under warranty I believe.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Center BMW in thousand oaks? Or do you mean Sherman Oaks? Hyethug...sorry to hear, IMO you should have not been charged for that...GL, hope you get things resolved And I've heard nothing but bad things about pacific bmw....
Old 10-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='699704' date='Oct 21 2008, 10:16 PM
Center BMW in thousand oaks? Or do you mean Sherman Oaks? Hyethug...sorry to hear, IMO you should have not been charged for that...GL, hope you get things resolved And I've heard nothing but bad things about pacific bmw....
o yah sherman oaks my bad
Old 10-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by hyethug015' post='699598' date='Oct 21 2008, 10:19 PM
so im gna cut it short bcuz im soo ticked off rite now. i got an idrive error saying some shit about my restraint system i took it into BMW on monday. some clown named danny was helpin me out. he said ok we'll check it out ill call u either today or early tomorrow im like ok let me get a loaner car hes like oh we cant its only for people who buy a bmw from us not from a broker. i was like wtf?? what does it matter you trick im paying 55k for the dam beamer i need a loaner. so i didnt get one and moving on so i been calling this guy all day today no answer he finaly calls me back at 3 hes like oh ya some connection in the seat got loose thats y u got that error but there is nothing wrong with the sensor and u have to pay us 88dollars for our tech spending time "diagnosing" it. im like ill get down there we'll talk about it. i went immediatly to the srvice "manager" i spent half an hr trying to figure out how the f**** its my fault something got loose and how its not covered under warranty. anyways long story short i got his card and danny's and i told him ull be hearing from BMW NA this is ridiculous. punk ass had balls too talking back to me. i paid 88bucks to have someone tell me there is NOTHING wrong wit my car. anyone got the number to BMW NA?
================================================== ================
Hey hyethug015,,,

Man, I am sorry to hear what that BMW dealer did to you about not getting you a loaner and charging you for what should had been covered under your BMW 4 yr 100,000 miles warranty, and them not doing that for you, really suxs!!

Your doing the best thing now after first trying to resolve your problem with the Service manager, and no luck, and your taken the next step and following BMW's chain of command by contacting BMW NA...

A true story that happen to me in 2005, about a complaint I filed with BMW NA about my BMW dealer charging me full price on a worn out front Tire on a 3 series that had 4/32s worth of uneven worn tread left, that had end up going flat when I was driving it home on their loaner car.

I did the right thing I thought and I called BMW assist and had roadside assistance to change the flat for me, and the BMW roadside service man even commented how that tire was worn out, and dangerous. After first trying talking with that BMW dealer customer relations manager, and had NO luck, with that bi??h, oh excuse me , I mean that woman just smiled at me, while she hit me with a $225.00 bill for a brand new tire that I charged on my visa card. When I got home I went to the forum and was told to file a report with BMW NA, then I filed a full documented time and dated with witness report with BMW NA.

Then a few days later BMW NA contacted me, of their findings and decision that I was not responsible for that flat worn out tire, and then BMW NA had the owner of that Atlanta GA dealer write me a nice apology letter that they cc BMW NA, and the owner gave me my $225.00 dollars back in check form! I too was pissed off like you for them treating me that way of having me to buy a NEW tire to replace their worn out tire on their loaner!

Good luck with your letter to BMW NA too, and I hope they do you right by refunding you your money, and takes care of your problem and gives you a loner car and apologizes to you for all your inconvenience!! Be sure to keep us here, posted on the results!!

Heres BMW NA phone and Fax number:

BMW of North America
Phone: 201-307-4000
Fax: 201-930-8362

Your e60 friend,

Eddie Presley aka Presley348

Quick Reply: got a restraint system error