E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Got my car - Oxfordgreen + brown leather

Old 03-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Gang,

got my car last Saturday. 1060 km so far - tomorow I am off to the CeBit, another 700 km. The car is *perfect*.

What?s best:

- navi-prof plus HUD
- big sound system (logic7)
- voice control - it even recognizes the phonebook names on the GSM-card (!), any command at any time (independant of where you are in the I-drive) is recognized as well.

I didn?t order DD - but to be honest, the sport suspension and the 18" 124 wheels are good enough for me. I tried only once for couple of seconds 250 km/h (I?ll wait for another 500km for the full pedal-to-the-metal thing), full control, no problems.

All my extras are listed, if you have any questions, don?t hesitate

Waschbaerbauch.
PS: Yes it?s a DIESEL.

Here are the pictures:

http://k063.ims-firmen.de/ah/bmw-forum/for...id=15&thread=25
Old 03-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Car looks great! Thank for sharing! The oxford green looks great.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:15 PM
Contributors

Great looking car ... congrates !!
Old 03-17-2004, 01:37 PM
stu
Members

Are you saying it does an indicated 250 kph without a fully deppressed accelerator !
Wow!
Old 03-17-2004, 01:56 PM
Senior Members

congrats! Just a couple of quick questions:

- How do you like the Active Cruise Control? My dealer told me it is not that great because it can't stop the car of its own (when hard breaking in front) and it does not slow you down when taking turns.

- Voice control: Do you still have to press a button first to say a voice command? Or will it monitor what you are saying constantly and execute something as soon as you say it and can you give me some examples of available commands?

- Have you tried inserting a CD that contains MP3's, due to the fact that your car has been very recently built (complies to the EU4 emission norms) I was wondering if you could try this for us.

- Did you really drive 250km/h? As far as I know the top speed of the 530d auto-tranny is something like 240-245km/h, not?

- Are your rear and back windows tinted? I saw you took the Sonnenschutzverglasung option, I was wondering what this option exactly is.

TIA
Old 03-17-2004, 02:06 PM
Members

Looks great - won't ask how you managed to take those pics whilst driving along!!!
Mark-Yorkshire
Old 03-17-2004, 04:01 PM
Guest_eggz

Is that truffle brown leather? Oxford green looks very good, first time I've see this colour on the E60

Congrats man!

eggz
Old 03-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

JohanDC,

I don't think any cruise controls, active or not, change speed automatically when taking turns. ACC is supposed to maintain a safe distance from the car in front of you. If someone slams on the brake, you need to take over. However, if someone cuts in front of you, but maintains speed, your car should adjust speed until that same minimum distance is met again. The problem comes in heavy traffic when people WILL cut you off if a safe distance is kept and your car will just continue to adjust and adjust and adjust. It is a neat feature, but is still being refined.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:17 PM
Members

Thanks guys for the congrats! It took me 4 weeks to choose the colors of the outside and interiour. In the end my wife took the decision

@ stu:

In order to speed up to top you need to press the pedal to the metal, but I didn?t keep it there for too long, I stayed on top for about 10 seconds. This will change next week

@ JohandDC:

- ACC: few things are not included, one of them is the active cruise control. It?s not really helpfull (IMHO), for example it does not work above 180 km/h. The distance to the front car is vey long, in most cases someone will pull over and then the car will slow down again, etc...

- Voice control: yes you have to push a button in order to activate the voice control. Two buttons exist, one on the steering wheel, and one next to the I-drive button (so your wife can use it as well). The phone-mic is the input, again two of them next to the sunroof.

VC examples:
- sender WDR4 (station WDR4), radio is turned on, and the station WDR4 will play.
- Telefon PIN enter, [pause] 1234 enter. Will activate GSM phone and enter the PIN.
- Telefon, [pause], "Johannes Kraus" call - any name of the card can be chosen.

All I-Drive commands can be done through voice, the only exception is the address of the navi, this has to be done manually. It does not matter where in the I-Drive menu you are, you can jump to any other sub-menu (with a voice command).

- MP3: no does not play MP3 so far ! I will try again with a different CD. DVD?s won?t play as well - but I don?t have the TV option as well. What will work, self made CD do play even in the DVD-player.

- 250 km/h - the speedometer in Germany MUST show more than you drive in reallity. This means going 245 km/h usually shows at least 255 on the speedometer (or more). So driving with 250 is in reallity around 235-240 (top speed in my paper says 243 I think).

- The rear and back windows are tinted, this is called Sonnenschutzverglasung in Germany. They don?t allow this for the front side windows in Germany <_<

@ Mark-Yorkshire:

My wife was holding the steeringwheel, I did even pictures going 160 km/h it?s no problem at all. The car sticks to the road and the SONY V1 makes very good images.

@ Guest_eggz:

Yes this the truffle brown leather.

Cheers,
WBB.