E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

got keyed..

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 04:48 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sometimes "accidents" happen - bumping into another car with a cart or such.

BUT, this is an intentional act - and a despicable one at that. I'd get into the psychological factors than predispose people to damage the property of others but that would be too boring.

Getting these fixed, given advanced paint techniques, is easier today and can produce "just like new" results. Whether you file an insurance claim is wholly dependent on your personal situation and how insurance claims play out in your state. You probably should file a police report - maybe they do track trends and might be able to identify problematic areas that can be addressed by mall and parking lot managers.

Good luck getting this unfortunate situation behind you ...
Old 08-18-2008, 05:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 520i SE, 04, 18" 245s, Sapphire Black, Cream leather.

Shocking stuff.
Lucky I believe in Karma.
Some day they will have someone hurt something of theirs and deep down they know they can't really moan and whinge about it due to their previous indiscretions.
I once saw a young fella pop a knife and was about to rob a badge of my previous car.
I roared, he ran.
After this though I was afriad to bring it to a public place to park and it had a soft top so I ended up selling it.
I think most people have nightmares with cars at some stage, but bad as it looks, at the end of the day it's still just a car and no-one died.
Hope you get it sorted out and on your insurance.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:24 AM
Contributors

It really pains me to see something like that. I have a garage at my place and wouldn't have it any other way. Today's society is filled with immoral, uneducated, and just plain dispicable people. Its a damn s hame and I'm so sorry to see that happen to you. I hope your insurance covers it becuase it is very expensive to repaint if they cannot wet-sand / buff that out.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='648944' date='Aug 18 2008, 12:28 AM
That's just sickening to see -- hope everything gets fixed and the car is back to normal soon...
+1, sorry to hear and see...
Old 08-18-2008, 06:16 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Sorry my friend. It's just sickening. Good luck with the repairs. I'm a firm believer that what goes around comes around. They'll get what they deserve one way or another. Although, it would be much more satisfying to catch them in the act and beat the motherf%$#ing $h!t out of them just to be sure.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

WOW, that's awful - I'm truly sorry to see something like that - I hope your insurance company covers it and that you are back on the road with new paint soon

Can any of it be removed by buffing? Good luck!!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by r9ndy' post='648917' date='Aug 18 2008, 02:00 AM
after 12 hours of detailing my car the next day my car got keyed!! it happened last night on both sides!! from headlights all the way back to the quarter panel. my clear bra saved my headlights and fender but there are still key marks on them, hopefully it can be buffed out on the clear bra. i still can't believe i got keyed!! i hope insurance will cover everything.. anyone here claim insurance on their keyed car? how did that turn out for you guys?

here's pictures of the passenger side it was too dark to take pictures on the drivers side, no lighting on that side of the garage
Attachment 57239
Attachment 57241
Attachment 57242
Attachment 57243
Attachment 57244
people like this should be stoned to death.. like that quad-m guy......
Old 08-18-2008, 07:09 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by r9ndy' post='648922' date='Aug 17 2008, 11:08 PM
yeah.. i was out for a friends birthday and came back to this

It sounded like this person knows you well. If you parked your car in your own driveway and got keyed, it is personal. He/she waited for you to leave home without your car, and knows you were not at home that night. This guy lives very close to where you live (or park your car) and see your every moves.

Have you making excessive noises lately? like you have a barking dog, played music loud, party, come home late? Anything that you think you might have disturbed others?

my friend's car got keyed once because someone think he parked at his/her "spot", which is a public road city permit parking, and he had the permit too!! once because a ghetto apartment manager who hated everyone who drives a nice car, and yes all mercedes, bmw, porsche got keyed inside a gated parking. little bit key scratch every other month.

Their bitches have many weird reasons to key your car, but for sure they usually don't have life.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

SHIT, I can't believe it. Jelious bitches see a nice car and key it, I hate that. Thats one think that really sets me off. I really hope that doesn't ever happen to my car, and hope I don't catch them because I would go ballistic. I am always picky about parking, at home its in the garage, at work, its on the end spots with the other BMW's/s4's/amgs. We have a mutual respect for the fine cars, and at restaurants, I really try to park within sight and watch my car. Of course that doesn't work when that jackass lady last week hit my car with her door, and I ran out to stop her, and she saw me and drove off. Some people have no respect.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Did you park in any way that would have provoked someone , like in two spots etc ?? Really sorry for you ! Nobody deserves a weakass stunt like this !!!!

Quick Reply: got keyed..