E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Got 16.2 - Now have TMC & MP3....

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 12:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a BMW 525i (UK Model) - with Business Sat Nav and 6 CD Changer. After reading on this board I decided to embark on a mission to get my dealer to upgrade me to 16.2 software.

I booked it in for the second time and this time went to argue my case in person - having read this site, I think I knew more than the BMW Technician - who eventually (albeit reluctantly) agreed to upgrade my car.

I got it back yesterday - and I can report that TMC is working. I'm not sure if with the business sat nav it will re-route me to avoid traffic like professional sat nave does (haven't tried it yet) - but I certainly can see the list of alerts now.

I have also been able to play mp3 CD's. However, contrary to what I beleive others have reported - I can only do it from the center console DVD drive - so could be a bit tricky if using Sat Nav also?

Anyway - thanks to others on the board for their help with this!

Donalf
Old 05-20-2005, 02:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 525, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, Satnav, 18'' Runflats, Sunroof, Folding mirrors, Automatic

Good to hear, my Dec2003 525I is in for its first ever upgrade next Monday/Tuesday due to Idrive fault. Cant wait so see what changes & improvements this brings. I'll list all of the changes once mine is complete. I also have business sat nav / bluetooth etc.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:02 AM
Senior Members

I had the same thing done today, CIP 17.0 was installed, and MP3 compatibility is present. I haven't had the ability to check if the quality of the BT integrated Siemens S55 has been improved, as it is in for service and a firmware update.

Navigation and mp3 playing can be combined - iDrive will notice you when it is needed to insert the map DVD. A harddrive ensures that you have quite a solid buffer for driving without the DVD inserted.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:09 AM
Senior Members

paasan, please let us know what 17 is like once you have it running
Old 05-21-2005, 11:37 AM
Members

i upgrade my car with 16.2 software.It is good but i have one question:
when i turn on position light , front circles lights is on but front yelow light is off. ( you can see on passan member post and picture with position lights) i dont know why???is it bug or ??on my car is only ring lights on.....
Old 05-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by donal_f' date='May 20 2005, 03:23 AM
I have also been able to play mp3 CD's.? However, contrary to what I beleive others have reported - I can only do it from the center console DVD drive - so could be a bit tricky if using Sat Nav also?

Anyway - thanks to others on the board for their help with this!

Donalf

[snapback]131003[/snapback]
Cool - this is a confirmed Business radio MP3 success!
Old 05-21-2005, 10:56 PM
MEX
Senior Members

hey donal f, i have a couple of questions
do you know if you have bussiness or professional radio? what model year is your car? did you try playing the mp3 cds from the changer?

tnx
Old 05-23-2005, 01:19 AM
Members

Originally Posted by MEX' date='May 22 2005, 07:56 AM
hey donal f, i have a couple of questions
do you know if you have bussiness or professional radio? what model year is your car? did you try playing the mp3 cds from the changer?

tnx
[snapback]131751[/snapback]
To be honest - I'm not sure what radio I have - I have the expensive sound pack with 7 speakers (can't remember proper name). My car is a 525i from Mar 2003. Playing mp3 CD's from the changer doesn't work - only from the center DVD/CD drive.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:23 AM
Members

One other thing to add on this - I burned a data DVD last night - choc full of mp3's. It was recognised when I inserted it in - however my inital excitement soon faded - as for some reason, it only shows the first 8 or 10 (I didn't count) artists on the DVD (in alphabetical order). I have no way of accessing any of the other artists on the DVD - so sounds like a bug - and pretty disappointing - as being able to use a DVD full of mp3's is as good as a mini ipod!

D.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Black on black. 6spd MT, Nav, sports package.

Please tell us more about TMC... How does it work? What does it show you? Do you have to subscribe to it??

Please show screen shots if possible.. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Got 16.2 - Now have TMC & MP3....