E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

goodyear eagle fi all season tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 bmw 530xi

whats up guys i need some feedback on the goodyear eagle f1 all season tires,how good are they in the snow and rain?any positives and negatives,any advice on these tires would be gladly appreciated.thanxs guys.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Originally Posted by harlem
whats up guys i need some feedback on the goodyear eagle f1 all season tires,how good are they in the snow and rain?any positives and negatives,any advice on these tires would be gladly appreciated.thanxs guys.
I had them before I switched to Bridgestone potenzas which I have found much better. Have friends who switched to continentals and have been happier than when they had their eagles.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

IMO Good Year has been living on its past reputation for some time. They make good tires, but there are other brands that make equally good or better tires for a better price.

+1 on the Bridgestones
Old 08-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They actually fine--except only when brand new were they ok in the snow or rain. I changed to conti DSW and have been very happy-snow and wet driving is 10 times better and dry handling is fine.

One thing is that the eagle f1's have reallly stiff sidewalls which I liked and in the dsws I have had to put the pressure much higher. HOwever ds2s are 6 pounds lighter per tire as well
Old 08-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 bmw 530xi

Originally Posted by Diamond
They actually fine--except only when brand new were they ok in the snow or rain. I changed to conti DSW and have been very happy-snow and wet driving is 10 times better and dry handling is fine.

One thing is that the eagle f1's have reallly stiff sidewalls which I liked and in the dsws I have had to put the pressure much higher. HOwever ds2s are 6 pounds lighter per tire as well
thanxs for the info bro how much for the set of conti DSW?
Old 08-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

For what it's worth, the Continental ExtremeContact DWS is the current top rated tire in its class at TireRack.

http://www.tirerack.....jsp?type=UHPAS

While this rating is based on user feedback, the tire is testing well in the independent tests and thus the TireRack results can be considered to be reasonably reliable.

The Eagle F1 All Season which was the subject of the OP scored well too and it is also amongst the top rated tires.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 07 E61 530d M-Sport.

Theres links to various tyre (tire) tests here http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/. I dont trust users own opinions on tyres too much, no ones likes to admit they bought a lemon and very few users take a tire off while its still got plenty of tread and grip and compare another tyre to it. The only fair way to compare tyres is on the same vehicle in the same conditions with the same condition tyres tested.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dandle
Theres links to various tyre (tire) tests here http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/. I dont trust users own opinions on tyres too much, no ones likes to admit they bought a lemon and very few users take a tire off while its still got plenty of tread and grip and compare another tyre to it. The only fair way to compare tyres is on the same vehicle in the same conditions with the same condition tyres tested.
dudue no offense but that site doesnt even have the two tires we are talking about-eagle f1 A/s or the conti dws (no reviews for this one)

I will add the one favorite thing with the eagle f1's were the kevlar material in their sidewalls-they had sidewalls as stiff as run flats which I do enjoy that for cornering. I actually loved my run flats but couldnt afford them the rate I replace them! Plus they are heavy.

The F1 also does not come in the sizes for 19 inch wheels--no 275/30/19 so those were deal breakers.

The conti has a nicer "look" both in tread pattern and sidewall-looks more summerish/sporty as well. But the real beenfit to the conti dws is if you have to drive in snow-they are an absolute gem in snow and still have great all out summer performance for a NON track driver--and not if you are doing driftrs around corners etc-but if you just drive normally and like to speed to 120 now and again on the highway these will suit you great