E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Going in for an update, but..

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 01:57 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by jay77' post='996824' date='Sep 3 2009, 10:51 AM
mesuers plan - will this also confirm what optional features are available on my car so I can see whats been enabled and what hasn't?
no this will confirm the update, if you want to know what's options you have you can ask for a print out detailing everything fitted when the car was built.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BLooD' post='996825' date='Sep 3 2009, 10:57 AM
no this will confirm the update, if you want to know what's options you have you can ask for a print out detailing everything fitted when the car was built.
Sorry I meant any optional features that could be coded.. I just dont trust the dealers telling me the correct info so wondered if its actually possible to get a printout or something...
Old 09-03-2009, 04:27 AM
Contributors

unfortnatly they will not tell you that, which dealer is it going back to? mines going back to sytner in harold wood on 24th to sort out an oil leak, your looking at about ?300 for the update if its a main dealer.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:18 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by jay77' post='996812' date='Sep 3 2009, 04:28 AM
Sanj / Vkhong do you guys have memory seats?
Memory seat, driver-side only.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BLooD' post='996873
Memory seat, driver-side only.
Ah so it seems it wont be possible with non memory seats then... Does this also apply to the dipping mirror on reverse?
Old 09-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jay77' post='996959' date='Sep 3 2009, 03:46 PM
Dhow! Its Synter Chigwell / Loughton tomorrow, pushing for the mp3 update under warrenty as i checked it in the first week of picking up the car (3rd week of ownership).. will assk them about all the other niggles and see what they come back with...

Ah so it seems it wont be possible with non memory seats then... Does this also apply to the dipping mirror on reverse?
I have no memory seat's at all!I'm sure the dipping mirror is possible on reverse as you need someone who know's what they're doing when it come to recoding/retrofit's.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Sanj' post='997470' date='Sep 3 2009, 10:47 PM
I have no memory seat's at all!I'm sure the dipping mirror is possible on reverse as you need someone who know's what they're doing when it come to recoding/retrofit's.

Well I put the car in this morning and I have no faith in dealer at all... I asked for the mesuers plan, and I got told its not something they would give out as its internal.. I asked if I could see a copy anyway and got told to ask for it when I collected the car (In other words No, I will just fob you off)

Its a shame as I expected better from BMW dealers as all their promotional stuff goes on and on about Passion of Driving, maybe they should also look at the passion of looking after the owners

You are lucky you have found someone who knows what can and cant be coded, I need to find a good independent I guess, as the impression im getting is dealer is not interested in aftercare unless it involves improving their bottom line, with no potential forward thinking...

Ah well wait and see what they come back with you never know i may end up being surprised!!

Does anyone know if there is software that can be run using say the ODBII (assuming the E60 has one) that allows tweeks / adaptions to settings to be made? I know on the V.A.G range of cars you can use VAG-COM so you can bypass the dealers to do tweeks, would be nice if you could do the same on the E60!
Old 09-04-2009, 03:03 AM
Contributors

if your car has not been updated with the new ISTA/p system then Autologic can be used, most independents have one of these they cost about ?7k if you want one yourself.

i got my measures plan when i updated my car but it was done at Stephen James ruxley, there's no reason not to give you a copy there's not much written on it to be honest.
the Sytner at Harold wood i use have been pretty good to me. I get the impression the service centres don`t like you knowing things, i ordered a set of door LEDs and got asked where i got the part no.s
from.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BLooD' post='998137' date='Sep 4 2009, 12:03 PM
if your car has not been updated with the new ISTA/p system then Autologic can be used, most independents have one of these they cost about ?7k if you want one yourself.

i got my measures plan when i updated my car but it was done at Stephen James ruxley, there's no reason not to give you a copy there's not much written on it to be honest.
the Sytner at Harold wood i use have been pretty good to me. I get the impression the service centres don`t like you knowing things, i ordered a set of door LEDs and got asked where i got the part no.s
from.

Well they did ask me how I knew about the Measures plan and why I wanted it Lol so I just stated I just wanted to know what was being coded to my car.. anyone would think Ive asked them to give me ?50 or something... you got to love jobs worths sometimes...

7k for Autologic..... hmmmm may be not then, Harold Wood seem abit more compitant may ring round and see if I can get it coded to do the door mirrors if its not done today... the dipping passeger door mirror would be handy!
Old 09-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Senior Members

Jay try MStyle in Romford Essex,as I can see you're from that neck of the wood's,they may be able to help you as I got my M5 rear conversion done there and they seem to cover most thing's:-

http://www.mstyle.co.uk/

Quick Reply: Going in for an update, but..