E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

GOD FORBID PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO PARK!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i Premium Package - Under Construction

Okay, not sure if im the only one but in order to try and preserve my car in the best condition as i can, I take care of the thing.
-for example, you dont park in spots that one can just barely fit and is between 2 big azz vans/trucks with grills or hitch's attached to them.

Right? So i had to go to my wifes bf's birthday in brighton beach, and i leave a nice 25-30 foot spot for a nice sized car could fit in comfortable WITHOUT bothering me. BUT NOOOO...some sucker had to be lazy or DRUNK that he had to pull out widely and GET A NICE 8 -10 inch SCRATCH ON the corner of my sh*t. Had to be a truck or van cuz that sucker was pretty high. There was an 08 audi a6 that was gonna get a touch up job if it had white paint on it but...nah...he wasnt the culprit.

I know its not that bad but still WTF!!!??? GOD FORBID People like this just take the extra time to be cautious of other peoples cars..REGARDLESS IF ITS NICER THAN THERES...i mean i know we drive e60's but cmon!!!

Old 08-03-2008, 12:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Dam, sorry to hear and see. As hard as we try to protect our cars there's always going to be some things we just can't control: like dumb-ass drivers. But look at the possible bright side...M-Tech Do you plan on repairing it? How deep is it?
Old 08-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='638492' date='Aug 3 2008, 04:45 AM
Dam, sorry to hear and see. As hard as we try to protect our cars there's always going to be some things we just can't control: like dumb-ass drivers. But look at the possible bright side...M-Tech Do you plan on repairing it? How deep is it?

Yeah thats why im actually just cooling off kinda quick. i was looking to upgrade anyway but still man...

And its just like its just a scratch...im gonna see if i can apply some type of liquid on it maybe he just left paint on it but i tried scratching it off...Looks like he literally Just burned the paint right off while pulling out.

THAT SCUM BAG!!!
Old 08-03-2008, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Perhaps a little rubbing compound could do it. Some PDR services actually specialize in bumpers as well (most only deal with just the metal parts). My wife took a soda can to previous car and dinged the bumper really good. Bounced thru 3 PDR services before finding a guy that specializes with bumpers only.

This guy is based out here in LA

http://www.amazingbumper.com/index.htm

perhaps there is a similar service near you. Try calling a few PDR places and see what they can do for you.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='638497' date='Aug 3 2008, 05:07 AM
Perhaps a little rubbing compound could do it. Some PDR services actually specialize in bumpers as well (most only deal with just the metal parts). My wife took a soda can to previous car and dinged the bumper really good. Bounced thru 3 PDR services before finding a guy that specializes with bumpers only.

This guy is based out here in LA

http://www.amazingbumper.com/index.htm

perhaps there is a similar service near you. Try calling a few PDR places and see what they can do for you.

I'll give it a whirl...im skeptical about all that stuff....MENTALLY, I KNOW ITS STILL THERE ya know...

and umm, what do you mean she took a soder can to the car? lol
Old 08-03-2008, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by E60wCheese' post='638499' date='Aug 3 2008, 02:10 AM
I'll give it a whirl...im skeptical about all that stuff....MENTALLY, I KNOW ITS STILL THERE ya know...

and umm, what do you mean she took a soder can to the car? lol

haha, she was on the freeway, some genius decided to let loose a full unopened soda can onto the freeway, bounced once then right into her front bumper. Left a nice sized ding in the plastic, no paint damage tho.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='638500' date='Aug 3 2008, 05:13 AM
haha, she was on the freeway, some genius decided to let loose a full unopened soda can onto the freeway, bounced once then right into her front bumper. Left a nice sized ding in the plastic, no paint damage tho.

lol...thats crazy. But its sometimes hard to avoid things like that. 2 weeks ago i was on the expressway, A SAFETY CONE fell off a truck...RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MY LANE cars on all sides and i was doing like atleast 80...BY THE GRACE OF GOD the dude in the next lane slowed down and gave me just enuff room to swirv out and back into my lane...

but im almost positive someone was on their cell that day and wound up nailing it. Hope it wasnt a fellow 60r
Old 08-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ouch, Ya I hate those who are not careful. Seriously... how hard is it really to just be a bit more cautious?
Old 08-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

sorry to hear about that man.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Senior Members

ahh sucks man

Quick Reply: GOD FORBID PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO PARK!