E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Getting ready to order...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:33 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 M Sport PAckage
Factory Ipod & USB Interface

If it is being ordered and it is 2010 model then I think you should take advantage of available M sport Package.

+1 to either Dakota Black or Natural Brown Leather ( goes well with blue )

+ 1 Ipod & USB Factory OPtion

Even if you do not use Ipods , why not take advatage of Factory USB ?

USB flash drives cost so cheap now. Why would you want car hard drive when typical 16 GB flash drive only costs like 15-20 bucks. newer BMW Audio systems are not only capable of MP3 playback but WMA.

Flash drives are cheaper, runs faster and more easily replacable.

I think the dealer installed Ipod kit option does not come with USB port so you should go with the factory ( ah Did I mention Ipods can not play WMA formats? )
Old 04-08-2009, 05:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535ixT � On Order: 2010 E61, Ordered 1/05, Est. Birth 3/09, Est. Delivery 4/09, Carbon Black, Cream Beige Dakota Leather, Steptronic, M-Sport Pkg., Type 135 18
Model Year: 2010

If you go with the M-Sport (and you should for it looks great) don't forget to add the Comfort Seats, for the M-Sport comes with 'Sport Seats' not Comfort Seats as in the Regular Sport Package.

Good luck and enjoy!
Old 04-08-2009, 06:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Nice! Other than those items mentioned by others, I'd swap the Steptronic tranny and get the Sport Auto Tranny for $500 more. Comes with the paddle shifters on the steering wheel etc. I had the standard Steptronic on my old 545 and really like the SAT tranny mucg better... Just my $0.02.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER
Originally Posted by skierdoc' post='839989' date='Apr 7 2009, 11:18 PM
Getting ready to order a 2010 535i European Delivery within the next few days.

Here is what I'm looking at getting:

Neptune Blue / Cream Beige / Dark Poplar

Standard Sport Package
Premium Package
Value Package

Navigation
Premium Sound
Head up Display
Sat Radio
Active Cruise Control
Park Distance Control
Heated Front Seats
Folddown Rear Seats
Comfort Access
Steptronic Auto Transmission

Thinking about Ventilated Seats with Beige Nasca Leater (Live in Texas)

Thoughts / Comments / Suggestions?
I'm also getting a MY 2010 535i as a matter of fact its being built as we speak. I have just about the same options your ordering. You might consider not getting the Heated Front Seats and getting the Cold Weather Pkg. that way you get the heated steering wheel and the heated front seats. Also get the Sport Automatic Transmission. Also doing European Delivery. Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 04-08-2009, 06:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Standard Sport Package
Premium Package
Value Package

Navigation
Premium Sound
Head up Display
Sat Radio
Active Cruise Control
Park Distance Control
Heated Front Seats
Folddown Rear Seats
Comfort Access

Old 04-08-2009, 06:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Standard Sport Package
Premium Package
Value Package

Navigation
Premium Sound
Head up Display
Sat Radio
Active Cruise Control
Park Distance Control
Heated Front Seats
Folddown Rear Seats
Comfort Access

Your options rock the house! Get the M-Sport Package! Personally, I think that the ventilated seats are a lot of money (almost $3,000 counting the ventilated seats themselves and the required perforated leather) for what they are but they might make you a little cooler in the those vicious Texas summers.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by vern' post='840354' date='Apr 8 2009, 09:16 AM
I'm also getting a MY 2010 535i as a matter of fact its being built as we speak. I have just about the same options your ordering. You might consider not getting the Heated Front Seats and getting the Cold Weather Pkg. that way you get the heated steering wheel and the heated front seats. Also get the Sport Automatic Transmission. One more thing, think about doing European Delivery. Good luck
cheers
vern
He is doing the European delivery! I'm jealous of both of you, would love to do the Euro delivery some day when the kids are older...
Old 04-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by skierdoc' post='839989' date='Apr 7 2009, 10:18 PM

Standard Sport Package
Premium Package
Value Package

Navigation
Premium Sound
Head up Display
Sat Radio
Active Cruise Control
Park Distance Control
Heated Front Seats
Folddown Rear Seats
Comfort Access

Great choices! I would definitely add the M-SPORT package AND ... it seems a lot of people seem to have forgot ... GET the SPORT AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WITH PADDLE SHIFTERS (which now only comes with the M-sport package) as well (you got to have to have it). In the US the comfort seats come with the sport and M SPORT so you are covered either way ... !

As already mentioned ... even though you are in Texas pick up the COLD WEATHER package for the HEATED STEERING WHEEL ALONE ... you will LOVE IT ... and while you are at it add the HEATED REAR SEATS as well .. what's an extra $350.

ADD THE REAR and SIDE SHADES ... you live in Texas

NO IPOD/USB? ... ADD THAT TOO

Regarding Ventilated Seats ... it is a lot of money but hell you only live once and in Texas it will probably be worth it big time!!! Since I love the natural brown shade I would be forced to skip it since they don't have the option in that color ... but if they did .. yep .. I would go for that too .. !!!

ACTIVE STEERING ... well .. some people like it and others say it takes away the true feel of the renowned BMW steering which it does a bit ... ! However, it does have great advantages which may be worth the tradeoff for a slight loss in feel ... ! Personally .. I'd drive both .. but I'd skip.

ACTIVE CRUISE ... another super expensive option .. and I wouldn't see my self ever using it (I buy this car to drive it)! I do feel that all other options add FAR more value to the driving experience (but for the shades and heated rear seats .. well .. it at least gives your rear occupants a a pleasant experience).

Yeah .. I prob. made you spend an extra 5K .. but you will have ... well .. almost perfect ... it ain't no //M with an M-DCT.

Enjoy.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by skierdoc' post='839989
+1 add M-sport while you're at it.
This is a must, definitely add the M-sport package.

Originally Posted by ssibaroma' post='840327' date='Apr 8 2009, 08:33 AM
Factory Ipod & USB Interface
This is a must, iPod and USB interface from the factory.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by skierdoc' post='839989' date='Apr 7 2009, 10:18 PM

Standard Sport Package
Premium Package
Value Package

Navigation
Premium Sound
Head up Display
Sat Radio
Active Cruise Control
Park Distance Control
Heated Front Seats
Folddown Rear Seats
Comfort Access

Congrats and post pics. Not sure what the Value Pack is, but I'll sniff around. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: Getting ready to order...