E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Getting my '05 545i sport next week

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all. So, I've been doing my searches on the forum like a good newbie and have found lots of useful stuff.

I'm going to be picking up a 2005 545i next week (Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Sport, Heated Rear, Navigation, Folding rear seat, Sirius, Sunshades, and automatic). I'm really excited, although I just learned a 550i is in the works. I'm not too upset because I figure the performance gains will be minimal over a 545i? I'm assuming nothing is different besides the motor.

Besides that concern, I have the following questions:

1. I've been reading a lot about CIPs (I have no idea what that stands for, but I believe it is some software thing). The latest version I guess is 16.2 which has a Birds-Eye view Nav among other updates (MP3 CD reading?)? Should my dealer automatically be installing this on my car next week and is there a way to check the version via the iDrive system?

2. I've heard lots of complaints about the run-flat tires that come on the sport package. I'm leasing the car, so I was thinking just popping those tires out and replacing them with stock staggered size Pirelli PZero Nero M+S (high performance all-season because I live in snowy Long Island). Any thoughts?

3. What other things besides CIP version should I bring up with my dealer when picking up the car? I have a Treo 650, and it looks like people are successfully pairing that although BMW doesn't officially say the Treo 650 will work. I also have an iPod, but it looks like my only option is a FM transmitter which I think may be a crappy way to go... and I've read on here that the iPod kit for the 3 leaves much to be desired. So, I guess MP3 CDs are the best thing.

Any advice/tips you guys can give me so I don't leave any stone unturned during pick-up, and I'd appreciate it. I got this car instead of a redesigned S4 and my last car was a 330 coupe which I loved.

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2005, 07:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by LI545sport' date='Apr 7 2005, 08:25 PM
Hello all.? So, I've been doing my searches on the forum like a good newbie and have found lots of useful stuff.?

I'm going to be picking up a 2005 545i next week (Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Sport, Heated Rear, Navigation, Folding rear seat, Sirius, Sunshades, and automatic).? I'm really excited, although I just learned a 550i is in the works.? I'm not too upset because I figure the performance gains will be minimal over a 545i?? I'm assuming nothing is different besides the motor.

Besides that concern, I have the following questions:

1.? I've been reading a lot about CIPs (I have no idea what that stands for, but I believe it is some software thing).? The latest version I guess is 16.2 which has a Birds-Eye view Nav among other updates (MP3 CD reading?)?? Should my dealer automatically be installing this on my car next week and is there a way to check the version via the iDrive system?

2.? I've heard lots of complaints about the run-flat tires that come on the sport package.? I'm leasing the car, so I was thinking just popping those tires out and replacing them with stock staggered size Pirelli PZero Nero M+S (high performance all-season because I live in snowy Long Island).? Any thoughts?

3.? What other things besides CIP version should I bring up with my dealer when picking up the car?? I have a Treo 650, and it looks like people are successfully pairing that although BMW doesn't officially say the Treo 650 will work.? I also have an iPod, but it looks like my only option is a FM transmitter which I think may be a crappy way to go... and I've read on here that the iPod kit for the 3 leaves much to be desired.? So, I guess MP3 CDs are the best thing.

Any advice/tips you guys can give me so I don't leave any stone unturned during pick-up, and I'd appreciate it.? I got this car instead of a redesigned S4 and my last car was a 330 coupe which I loved.

Thanks!
[snapback]112720[/snapback]

You can install an Aux Input to hook up the Ipod.

Congrats!
Old 04-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, LI545sport !
Old 04-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 545i MY05 week 6 Mystic Blue / Black Dakota Steptronic, Sport Package, Active Steering, Dynamic Drive, ProNav, HUD

I just picked up my 545i a week ago.

You certainly won't be dissapointed with the performance of the 545i! It's a beast without a doubt. 'Kinda scares you a bit.

The software with the perspective view was installed on mine when I got it. My car was not prepped to accept Bluetooth, so they are taking it back next week for a couple of hours to enable it. Make sure you tell them to prep your car for Bluetooth.

My run-flats are fine. Maybe they won't be after a few tens of 1000's of km, but I have read that Dunlop has fixed some issues with the tires, so maybe they'll be ok. For now they are great.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Welcome to your countries great forum
Old 04-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Members

thanks all
Old 04-08-2005, 05:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"

Which dealer?

Make sure you get at least 16.2 and maybe the oem clear bra and/or oem lighted doorsills.

They can be found in the accessories catalog.

I like the Pirelli P zero nero M+S's also, the prices at tirerack.com are unbeatable.

Post some pics once you take delivery!