E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Fuel Injection Flush

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
devhan,

Do you have any insight as to where and how much it would cost to have injectors ultrasonically cleaned and balance? Have you ever had this service completed on any of your cars?

Thanks.
Yes I have had the service done but not for a BMW. There are two popular companies that perform the service.
When they put your engine together at the factory they usually put in brand new injectors that have not been flow tested and there tolerances can be off but acceptable by manufacture standards. What these companies do is flow test your injectors and then balance them by trading up injectors that are within tighter specifications from each other and that is what will make your car run smooth and almost electric. Sometimes guys that upgrade turbos and such send brand new injectors to them to get balanced and flow tested before they tune their cars.

Here is one of the popular companies that perform the service. The one I used was cheaper but I cant find it right now.

http://www.rceng.com/Fuel-Injector-C...YN5KfsMYABFgdM
Old 02-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by p3style
So is two bottles all I need for a full brake flush?

Anybody prefer stoptech over goodrich SS lines or vica versa?
I went to the BMW dealer today and purchased two bottles of windshield washer concentrate and two BMW brake fluid bottles.

If some of you can hold out until April I will do a write up on how to flush your brake fluid with speed bleeders.
The good thing with speed bleeders is that it is very easy to do with out any mess or loss of fluid. I have had both a vacuum bleeder and a pressure bleeder in the past and they just don't do the job as quickly or affectively as the speed bleeders.
I can only imagine BMW like most things charge a good amount for something that is very easy to do.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Contributors

I DEFINITELY would be interested in the DIY please!!

That way I can do this service for both mine and my sister's E60.

Thanks.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Members

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
I DEFINITELY would be interested in the DIY please!!

That way I can do this service for both mine and my sister's E60.

Thanks.
No problem, happy to help.